Playing drums and singing at the same time

trilonaut wrote:...this band "uninvited" from memphis, they all sang kinda equally, often at the same time -- not harmony, more like three jello biafras or something...but the best is ruins! yoshida's voice is awesome crazy!

Uninvited are a reasonably good Memphis band, and it is strange to see them mentioned on this board. I don't know why. Stranger still is that I saw them support Ruins here a couple of years ago. Ruins were just so damned great. So. Damned. Great.

That is all.
matthew wrote:His Life and his Death gives us LIFE.......supernatural life- which is His own life because he is God and Man. This is all straight Catholicism....no nuttiness or mystical crap here.

I used to do it in my old band. I never did leads but I did a ton of backups that were pretty much independent from the rhythms I was playing.

Oh we kicked out our drummer in my new band (I normally play guitar/sing), so I had to play a show on short notice on drums and er, yeah THAT sucked. I was all over the place whenever the throat kicked in. But I think normally (i.e. with practice) I can pull it off.

I have a wireless headset. Let the Madonna jokes ensue.

I have some "vocal" duties in addition to my drumming duties. While the whole "vocal" thing makes me somewhat uncomfortable, somebody's got to do it. My band likes to refer to our vocals as "vocals" and we try to divide up said "vocal" duties since we all hate doing it - though not as much as we hate the idea of being yet another instumental band.

The "vocal" thing is not really hard (as in complex), but the yellin' really takes away the wind that fuels the drummin'. Maybe this is why Don Henley sings like such a "preening fag".

Dan