AC/DC?

CRAP
Total votes: 27 (18%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 121 (82%)
Total votes: 148

Band: AC-DC

I was once arguing with a guy about how much I hate AC/DC, one of the points he made was "but every single riff you hear by them is unmistakably AC/DC". His argument as to why they were great turned out to perfectly nail why it is I can't stand them. Predictable, no substance, narcissistic bullshit. Awful lyrics, predictable riffs, all blues based solos, no sense of experimentation. Personally I listen to music for inspiration, and this shit is the polar opposite of emotion inspired rock. You want a band that defines rock and roll? Zeppelin were IMMENSELY better. Blue Cheer. Jesus christ man. Fuck AC/DC up the ass with a crowbar, they define everything I hate about rock and roll.

CRAP.

ing curtis wrote:Predictable
no substance
narcissistic
bullshit
Awful lyrics
predictable riffs
all blues based solos
no sense of experimentation.
CRAP.

It's all about the ENERGY MAN!

I too like inspiring experimental music, gosh Faust is one of my most favorite bands... but sheesh sometime music moves you in different ways for different reasons. All of those adjectives you used to describe AD/DC are exactly what they are not about. That's like saying David Yow is a terrible drummer so the Jesus lizard sucks or better yet, Shellac are so limited cause the don't write good love songs...

I am not a fan of blues based rock or banality but AD/DC are an excellent band.

Cheers,
David
TRONOGRAPHIC - RUSTY BOX

ah, but i dig the lizard and obvs shellac. :D

if i want to listen to energetic substanceless party rock ill put on karp or royal trux, or the thermals or something.

ac/dc just embodies this certain aesthetic that i despise. i realize the talent in angus' soloing, energy, etc.....its just far down the wrong road for me.

And they never went on about stoned white rabbits dissapearing into the misty hedges or any of that mystical bullshit. They sang about having a Cadillac, but NO FUCKIN' GASOLINE!!!

NO FUCKIN' GASOLINE, MAN!!!!

Get with it!

dun-der-dun-der-dun-der-DUN --

NOT CRAP!!

dun-der-dun-der-dun-der-DUN --

NOT CRAP!!

D'ya see?
Back off man, I'm a scientist.

ing curtis wrote:ah, but i dig the lizard and obvs shellac. :D

if i want to listen to energetic substanceless party rock ill put on karp or royal trux, or the thermals or something.

ac/dc just embodies this certain aesthetic that i despise. i realize the talent in angus' soloing, energy, etc.....its just far down the wrong road for me.

No shit, you like Jesus Lizard and Shellac. That is precisely why I used them as examples... you don't have to dig on AD/DC, it's just your reasons for not liking them were moot.

Your aesthetic conflict with them is has more validity... good luck with that.

But, for those about to rock…
David
TRONOGRAPHIC - RUSTY BOX

I was just listening to AC/DC over the holidays, honestly can't think of better road trip music

My brother and I played a little game to pass the time- every town we'd pass, we'd shriek it in all Bon Scott/Brian Johnson-ness:

HELLLOOOO GRAND FORKS!!!!
HELLLOOO CROOOOKKKSTONNNN!!!!
Tiny Monk site and blog