Will you Scary Me?

Scary movies, in the order of the age I was when viewed:

Dracula: 1970's version - saw at 4-5 years old: the only movie to directly give me nightmares.

The Shining - nuff said

Nightmare on Elm Street/Halloween (originals)

Carrie

Hellraiser - had no preparation for this one and holy shit.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)

The Serpent and the Rainbow

Jacob's Ladder

Seven

That's all that currently spring to mind.

Will you Scary Me?

Mr. Chimp wrote:The Shining - nuff said

That scene when Jack starts making out with the nekkid ghost woman who gets outta the bathtub freaks me out every time.

Mr. Chimp wrote:The Serpent and the Rainbow

I cant even watch this movie anymore. That opening sequence of being buried alive is just too much to take. My heart's racing and I'm kinda getting nauseous just thinking about it.
"You get a kink in your neck looking up at people or down at people. But when you look straight across, there's no kinks."
--Mike Watt

Will you Scary Me?

If there is one subject I am inspired most by it is the Horror film genre. I have been watching these films since adolescence. At one time I aspired to be a make-up artist (ala Tom Savini or Dick Smith) I had a pretty extensive make-up kit for a 10-year-old. I used to spend all of my allowance money on liquid latex and fake blood.

I have since rendered my interest to a more passive role. I just watch a lot of horror flicks. Romero being the king and my hero (but not the scariest). I think these films have a great social awareness and play by there own set of film-making rules.

for this poll, the scariest to me are:
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the scariest fuckin' movie ever!)
Night of the Living Dead (the original)
Blair Witch Project
Friday the 13th (the first three are still pretty scary)
The Shining

these above are not specifically my favorites but they scare me somehow.
I would really have to sit down for a long while to come up with a definitive list of favorites.

but here are a few more of my favorites:
Last house on the left
Martin
Maniac
Dawn of the Dead
Suspiria

Let's start a new thread about the most intelligent Horror films!!!!

-David

Will you Scary Me?

endofanera wrote:
Mr. Chimp wrote:The Serpent and the Rainbow

I cant even watch this movie anymore. That opening sequence of being buried alive is just too much to take. My heart's racing and I'm kinda getting nauseous just thinking about it.

Ahem, nail though the nutsack ring a bell??
be good or be good at it....

Will you Scary Me?

Y'all rule.

I just remembered John Carpenter's "the Thing" as being one of those "things are going to go very wrong very soon" types of movies.

"What Lies Beneath" was not really as scary as it was startling, but then my lady at the time and I had to walk home in the dark under the highway and it was not pleasant.

Faiz

Will you Scary Me?

as a youngster who wasn't allowed to watch r rated movies i was scared shitless by 2001: a space odessy. especially the scene where the guy floats out into space on his birthday. and that computer… …hal.

it didn't scare me, but dead ringers is one of my all time favorite horror films. i mean, you can't go wrong with jeremy irons as demented twin brother gynecologists.