Ball-Crushing Distortion

the only amp for doom is a SUNN amp. one of the few amps out there that has a band named after it: sunnO))) as well as a record: Earth's "Sunn Amps and Smashed guitars"

SUNN amps were developed by the bass player of the Kingsmen ("louie, louie") in order to fill larger concert halls with the gut-rumbling thump of his bass. The company was originally based in his garage but was bought out by Fender. Sunn amps are notorious for such uncompromising low-end that they sometimes "move" people to the point of dropping massive loads of liquid shit (a trait that sunnO))) seemed to be quite proud of earlier in their career).
There is an amazing sludge/doom band from my homeown of Providence, RI called The Body and they FUCKING SLAY. the first time i saw them, i was outside the club and heard this massive rumble coming from inside. it sounded like there were two bass players and three guitar players. BUT NO... it was a drummer, a guitar player, and a WALL of SUNN amps! SUNN will not let you down, it is what you need. I hear the Model T amp is good, though I don't own it so do some more homework. they are highly sought after amps from what i've heard, but try your best to find them used, the vintage ones are most-likely best.

good luck,
-adam

Ball-Crushing Distortion

TheLoveBetweenaMan&aW wrote:Try Silkworm's Miracle Mile guitar solo - sounds like a Volkswagen Van's engine turning over. I think it's a Matchless hotbox. Tube pre-amp pedal.
But it might slay balls with the right treatment.
(BC Rich Bitch)

i had to know what that was myself, so i looked it up:

"That's the strat through the Matchless with an Octafuzz (fake Octavia) adding the racket."