What happened to music?

Oh stop picking on him. He's making a point that I don't necessarily agree with (that even the crappy music of yesterday is better than what we have now, blah blah blah) but it's obviously at least a little tongue in cheek, and there's no reason to be an asshole to him over it with snide comments about his avatar. Besides, the song is funny and therefore fun to listen to.

What happened to music?

longdivi wrote:Oh stop picking on him. He's making a point that I don't necessarily agree with (that even the crappy music of yesterday is better than what we have now, blah blah blah) but it's obviously at least a little tongue in cheek, and there's no reason to be an asshole to him over it with snide comments about his avatar. Besides, the song is funny and therefore fun to listen to.

If by funny you mean stupid, then you are correct.

On that scale, Dust In The Wind is even funnier.

What happened to music?

longdivi wrote:He's making a point that I don't necessarily agree with (that even the crappy music of yesterday is better than what we have now, blah blah blah)

I think my point is a little less about the shit-value of the current state of music, and a little more directed towards the sheer quality of musicianship these guys (and their peers) flaunted. Sure, Kansas was cheesey. But, even being the burly tamborin-er/back-up singer in Kansas was a pretty daunting task. This isn't just music, it's their fucking job––it's work, hard fucking work. Listen to those harmonies, you don't hear shit like that anymore. Before Pro Tools, before Auto-Tune... hell, even before MIDI. I make a living working at a recording studio. The more and more I do it, the more and more I can respect this stuff––at least from the ears of recordist.

Still not crap, no waffle.