New football season 2008-2009

Scotland! Fuck yeah!

(I feel I slight vested interest in Scotland. You don't support the club that has had Billy Bremner, Eddie Gray, Peter Lorimer, David Harvey, Gordon Strachan, Gary McAllister and, er, David Hopkin without developing a liking for the Sexy Scots.)

England? They'll hype these two results then fuck it up, even if they do qualify. The downside to these two victories is that now Steve McLaren will think he's a good manager. *shudder*

Elsewhere, someone punched Alex Ferguson in the dick. That isn't funny.

In the dick!
Twenty-four hours a week, seven days a month

We are the PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

What a goal!

Unfortunately I had arranged a social with colleagues visiting Glasgow from various sites in England tonight and didn't see the match. However, the result was very apparent as all the pubs in Glasgow spilled out into the street to celebrate. On Waterloo St, a piper was giving it lalday surrounded by many happy fans.

Still a long way to go, but fucking hell we've beaten France...Twice!
gjhardwick wrote:shut up you massive baptist

Nico Adie wrote:WE'LL BE COMING!

WE'LL BE COMING!

WE'LL BE COMING DOWN THE ROAD!

WHEN YOU HEAR THE NOISE OF THE TARTAN ARMY BOYS, WE'LL BE COMING DOWN THE ROAD.

I'm still drunk.

Aren't you half French Nico? Or is it just me remembering wrongly?

If so, isn't there some kind of horrendous internal schizophrenic battle raging inside you?

"Och aye, we fookin' won!
Shut up or I kill zyou, Scottish peeg"

Must be tumultuous.
Rick Reuben wrote:
daniel robert chapman wrote:I think he's gone to bed, Rick.
He went to bed about a decade ago, or whenever he sold his soul to the bankers and the elites.

simmo wrote:Aren't you half French Nico? Or is it just me remembering wrongly?

If so, isn't there some kind of horrendous internal schizophrenic battle raging inside you?

I am indeed half French. I've lived in Scotland all my life though, so my allegiances lie with Scotland. No internal conflict.

Obviously I like France to do well, and it's nice to have a team to support after Scotland have been knocked out of major tournaments.

Mickey Owen looks like he could be back to somewhere near his best. Good news for Ingurluuuund.
"Why stop now, just when I'm hating it?" - Marvin