Let s Talk Baseball

JDanger wrote:Here's an ode to the Mariner's early days.

I don't know why, but that song always makes me sad.

Thanks for posting that. It was a pretty good fan's lament. Have you heard "Green and Gold" by the Appliances SFB? It's the pinnacle of the genre.

I liked the little triumphant "Mario Mendoza once hit .245!" Sorta shoe-horned in there like they forgot it in the first draft. Little pleasures, that's what fans of bad teams cling to.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electrical dot com
Quicumque quattuor feles possidet insanus est.

Let s Talk Baseball

steve wrote:Thanks for posting that. It was a pretty good fan's lament. Have you heard "Green and Gold" by the Appliances SFB? It's the pinnacle of the genre.

I liked the little triumphant "Mario Mendoza once hit .245!" Sorta shoe-horned in there like they forgot it in the first draft. Little pleasures, that's what fans of bad teams cling to.

Wow. That line really does seem like an afterthought. But any song that pays partial tribute to young Gorman Thomas, as well as young Rick Honeycutt is aces in my book.

My personal favorite is "Turnin' Up the Heat", which is the cream of crop, as far as songs about the Milwaukee Brewers are concerned. But, I'm likely biased. I couldn't find a dedicated link to the song, but one can listen to it here.

Let s Talk Baseball

vockins wrote:
Dr. Venkman wrote:Final: Mets: 7, Yankees: 4

:lol:

The Mets have played .500 baseball over the last 162 games.

:lol:

The Mets have played under .500 baseball over the last 162 games.

LOL.

That's the third time I've seen Jose Reyes get picked off at second this year. Today's, with a man on first, two outs and David Wright at the plate - was particularly rich. I was LOLing. Total LOL action. I was fully engulfed in LOL. Slathered in LOL. LOL with a side of ROFL. ROFL LOL.

There was even more LOL when David Wright hit a HR to start the sixth. Oh boy, LOL. Imagine what could have been if Jose Reyes wasn't dumber than a box of rocks. Fallacy of predetermined outcome and whatnot, but it was a LOL regardless.

Carlos Beltran had a golden sombrero.

Johan Santana is 7-7.

LOL, Dr. Venkman, LOL.