Is it mean to name a song "Mellow Stampede"

Mean
Total votes: 12 (35%)
Mellow
Total votes: 22 (65%)
Total votes: 34

I think I was just mean

steve wrote:I asked the band for the name of the song they just recorded, and they said "You make one up, it's up to you."

I named their song "Mellow Stampede."

Was that mean?

I think you'd have to show us the song in order for us to determine that.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

I think I was just mean

It's just a regular song, like you'd hear a rock band play. I think the name is a sort of universally-inappropriate name, which makes it either good/appropriate or just mean. I can't decide and I can't tell from the band's expressions what they think.

That means it was mean, doesn't it.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electrical dot com
Quicumque quattuor feles possidet insanus est.

I think I was just mean

steve wrote:It's just a regular song, like you'd hear a rock band play. I think the name is a sort of universally-inappropriate name, which makes it either good/appropriate or just mean. I can't decide and I can't tell from the band's expressions what they think.

That means it was mean, doesn't it.

If you think it was mean, then it was mean. Pretty simple.

I think it's kind of funny, personally, but if they were trying to express themselves, maybe not so much.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.