Russian tanks invade breakaway region

Story Highlights
NEW: Georgia says it has shot down two Russian aircraft

Russian TV shows tanks and troops moving towards Georgia

Russian authorities said several of its peacekeepers died in a Georgian attack

Vladimir Putin warned Russia would respond to Georgia's actions

TBLISI, Georgia (CNN) -- Georgia's president said Friday that his country is under attack from Russian tanks and warplanes, and he accused Russia of targeting civilian populations as tensions over the breakway Georgian region of South Ossetia appeared to boil over into full-blown conflict.

Russia's Channel 1 shows heavy tanks purported to be on their way to South Ossetia.

1 of 3 "All day today they've been bombing Georgia from numerous warplanes and specifically targeting (the) civilian population, and we have scores of wounded and dead among (the) civilian population all around the country," Mikhail Saakashvili told CNN in an exclusive interview.

Saakashvili also said Georgian troops had shot down two Russian aircraft.

Asked whether Georgia and Russia were now at war, he said, "My country is in self-defense against Russian aggression. Russian troops invaded Georgia."
scott wrote:It was fun. We laughed, we cried, most of us shit ourselves as far as I know. What a world.

Russian tanks invade breakaway region

Marsupialized wrote:Russia is invading Georgia?
Good, about fucking time. I hope they start with Atlanta. Just wipe it off the map.

no doubt HEY RUSSIA, FLORIDA IS JUST TO THE SOUTH, PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THAT ALSO...
Ty Webb wrote:
You need to stop pretending that this is some kind of philosophical choice not to procreate and just admit you don't wear pants to the dentist.