You gotta bomb a city...

newberry wrote:
Andrew. wrote:
newberry wrote:Bombay is asking for it.

That's a town not a city.

No, this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbai
Mumbai, formerly Bombay, is the capital of the Indian state of Maharashtra and the financial capital of India. With an estimated population of thirteen million, it is the second most populous city in the world.

eta: OK, I just checked both links of your posts--I see where you're coming from...

hell, my whole family still calls it Bombay. most of the Indian folks I know do, too. such an arbitrary name change. it's one of the few times a brown guy like me can say "Bomb" in an airport and not get cuffed, tazed, peppered and shot, in that order.

Salut! Bombay.
kerble is right.

You gotta bomb a city...

kerble wrote:
newberry wrote:
Andrew. wrote:
newberry wrote:Bombay is asking for it.

That's a town not a city.

No, this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbai
Mumbai, formerly Bombay, is the capital of the Indian state of Maharashtra and the financial capital of India. With an estimated population of thirteen million, it is the second most populous city in the world.

eta: OK, I just checked both links of your posts--I see where you're coming from...

hell, my whole family still calls it Bombay. most of the Indian folks I know do, too. such an arbitrary name change. it's one of the few times a brown guy like me can say "Bomb" in an airport and not get cuffed, tazed, peppered and shot, in that order.

Salut! Bombay.

Just don't say it in Canada.

"Bomb, eh?"
tocharian wrote:Cheese fries vs nonexistence. Duh.

You gotta bomb a city...

I desperately need someone to read this.

I'd bomb my hometown of Udine, Italy, home of red wine, alcoholics and workaholics.

It's a small town. 100,000 inhabitants, 95% of them being concerned with material possessions, status symbols, showing off...

In Udine there's a really strong work ethic. work and money are the thing here.

Free time is spent drinking. A lot. The idea of fun of the typical Udinese is going to a bar after work, getting a little drunk in order to relax and have very superficial conversations with people.

Arts aren't too well funded by local politicians.
You are an artist and need a little funding? You have to speak Furlan, the local idiom. Furlan is a minority language and gets all the money.
You are a poet and need funding for a publication? Either you write your poems in the Furlan idiom or you won't have access to the funds. Poetry in Italian, English or any other language is not eligible for funding. The same goes for musicians, writers and the like. I take this as an insult to artists.

But it's figurative artists (painters, photograpghers and the like) who have it worse.

TINA MODOTTI, one of the best photographers of the last century, was born in Udine. she is undisputedly the most famous artist to ever come out of this town.
Well, in Udine there is no museum or art gallery dedicated to her memory.
She took pictures, and pictures don't speak the Furlan language.

I'd bomb this town anyday: no one would really miss it.

You gotta bomb a city...

kazoozak wrote:
enframed wrote:san jose, california.

Hey, I'm from there, asshole!

Okay, Smash Mouth are from there too. I guess that's justification enough. Just give me enough time to evacuate everyone who doesn't suck.

you got it. but please move them north or east, not west nor south.

thanks.
To me Steve wrote:I'm curious why[...] you wouldn't just fuck off instead. Let's hear your record, cocksocket.