The North will rise again...

Nina wrote:
tommydski wrote:
Nina wrote:Wow, you're way the hell up there, Tommy!

Actually I'm a bit further east than that in a lovely little village called St. Fergus.

Ahh... home to the beautiful North Sea Gas Shore Station, I see.

tommydski wrote:I try to avoid Peterhead, it's a little bit depressing.

As depressing as Glasgow?

Oh, it can get much worse than Glasgow.

Anyhow, I love the North. Don't think I would choose to live anywhere else in Britain.

We have fresh clean water running through our taps, it's like Evian on tap. The air, so clean and fresh. And nothing beats a brisk walk on a fresh winter Northern morning. So refreshing. My extended family mostly live in old mining towns in County Durham, places where they still use coal fires. I love the smell in the air of these villages.

The cities are clean and not overcrowded. You walk about them and you see green grass and trees, imagine that. Architecturally I think we are blessed more in the North East then other parts of the North. Newcastle City Centre is very pleasing on the eye:

So too is Durham City:

Here in the North, we have lots and lots of areas of outstanding natural beauty on our door steps. So handy.

And the people, so kind and considerate. We open doors for each other. Murmur awkwardly if we get in another's way. You can ask for directions and get a guided tour.

And of course the North is better at football.
Last edited by chairman_hall_Archive on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Josef K wrote:
Nina wrote:
tommydski wrote:
Nina wrote:Wow, you're way the hell up there, Tommy!

Actually I'm a bit further east than that in a lovely little village called St. Fergus.

Ahh... home to the beautiful North Sea Gas Shore Station, I see.

tommydski wrote:I try to avoid Peterhead, it's a little bit depressing.

As depressing as Glasgow?

Oh, it can get much worse than Glasgow.

Blackburn?

Morecambe?

What is with the seaside towns in the UK being so depressing? It is quite the opposite in the states. (some exceptions apply)
Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced. T. Mckenna