Funny Names

ITV in the UK has Nina Nannar, an arts/culture reporter. Seeing the news reader struggle with this during links is great.

"That was ninnannar in err... ar... Nina Nan-Nar in Huddlersfeild"

Also Humphrey Hawksley who works for the Beeb is a stupid name too.
Last edited by B_M_L_Archive on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Funny Names

Saw a real estate for sale sign over the weekend. Piece of property being handled by one Todd Dickard. I don't get a chubby by selling real estate, but maybe he does?

My mother went to grade school in the '30s with a boy with the surname Rump. Yes, his father was indeed named Harrold. I called BS on mom one day, and the next time we were in her hometown in Nebraska she took me to Rump auto, where old and fadded paint on the building could still be seen touting the owner Harry.

Funny Names

Growing up I knew a guy named Stacy Hole, Stacy's father was named Richard, no one ever brought this up however as Stacy was one hell of a fighter, and had no problem breaking your nose. I once saw Stacy take off a kids glasses with his left hand and bust that same kids jaw with his right as "I didn't want to hit a guy wearing glasses"
Ty Webb wrote:
You need to stop pretending that this is some kind of philosophical choice not to procreate and just admit you don't wear pants to the dentist.

Funny Names

yaledelay wrote:Growing up I knew a guy named Stacy Hole, Stacy's father was named Richard, no one ever brought this up however as Stacy was one hell of a fighter, and had no problem breaking your nose. I once saw Stacy take off a kids glasses with his left hand and bust that same kids jaw with his right as "I didn't want to hit a guy wearing glasses"

The father called his son Stacy? No wonder the kid was tough.