The The

crap
Total votes: 3 (38%)
not crap
Total votes: 5 (63%)
Total votes: 8

Band-Guy: The The

"This is the Day" is a great song, maybe a perfect song. The rest of Soul Mining is somewhere between okay and pretty bad. The rest of his discography is somewhere between pretty bad and unlistenable. But This Is The Day is so good I wonder if it means he's Not Crap waffle 9.

i went through a time in my early 20's during which johnson's approach to relationships seemed to mimic my own. the whole "i am an island" thing now just seems retarded.

soul mining was ok though i was mad for "uncertain smile" and "the twilight hour."

i loved infected for a while but lost interest.

dusk i could never dig.

the only thing i still own, and will never, ever sell, by the the is a 7" single of "controversial subject" b/w "black & white."

"controversial subject" to this day gives me gives me chills. not crap for that, and the two above mentioned tracks.

EDIT: i may still have soul mining on lp. i'll check tonight, i want to hear those songs again. "giant" was ok, too.
Last edited by enframed_Archive on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
To me Steve wrote:I'm curious why[...] you wouldn't just fuck off instead. Let's hear your record, cocksocket.

now that i recall, i had a recording, taken from the college radio station of a the the song the name of which i've never been able to find. i used to sit there with my boombox radio on with the tape "record/paused," waiting to record a song i liked. god, i'd spend hours doing this.

all i remember of the song is that the lyrics went:

"the cranes are moving in the twilight
and the water is dripping from the kitchen tap
the times they are a changing
and i'm being left behind
everybody's running
tryin' to catch up with their lives"

i can't believe i can still remember those considering i haven't heard the song in probably 20 years. fantastic song as well. to a 12-year old's ears it was brilliant and it would still hold up now.
To me Steve wrote:I'm curious why[...] you wouldn't just fuck off instead. Let's hear your record, cocksocket.

Soul Mining is a great record. I've got it memorized. If your gay, or half-gay like me, this record should speak to you.

This Is The Day is so fucking cynical. I can't believe it's used in an M+M commercial. Eat M+Ms and realize your life is completely useless.

Anyway, for Soul Mining, The The gets a not crap.

If you're not at least half-gay, this LP will be very hard for you to grab onto.

Really odd. I was going to post a The The C/NC this morning.

kenoki wrote:"This is the Day" is a great song, maybe a perfect song. The rest of Soul Mining is somewhere between okay and pretty bad. The rest of his discography is somewhere between pretty bad and unlistenable. But This Is The Day is so good I wonder if it means he's Not Crap waffle 9.

Sums it up, I'd say.

enframed wrote:now that i recall, i had a recording, taken from the college radio station of a the the song the name of which i've never been able to find. i used to sit there with my boombox radio on with the tape "record/paused," waiting to record a song i liked. god, i'd spend hours doing this.

all i remember of the song is that the lyrics went:

"the cranes are moving in the twilight
and the water is dripping from the kitchen tap
the times they are a changing
and i'm being left behind
everybody's running
tryin' to catch up with their lives"

That's "Flesh & Bones" - an Infected B-side. Doesn't this board have a shared gmail account? If so I'd be happy to upload it there, just send me the details.