Free A-C window unit in Brooklyn

Ty Webb wrote:We're in Fort Green, not far at all. One of my golf buddies lives very near you at 6th Ave and 3rd. We should definitely get together for a meal one of these days. Have you eaten at Coco Roco yet? Delicious, low-temperature Peruvian joint, on 5th Ave I think. Fantastic, dangerously good pisco sours.
Sure thing, anytime. Haven't been to any of those places.

ERawk, what do you know about Eastchester and points around there (Mount Vernon, Yonkers, etc)? The lady and I just started checking out house listings there. We won't be ready to buy for quite a while, but that area has piqued our interest since we want a detached house with a yard, not a coop or condo.
My girlfriend and I just moved from Mt Vernon (her) and Bronxville/Yonkers (me). We both lived in detached houses with yards.

I could give you a thousand reasons as to why that's a bad idea. Don't do it. You'll be fucking miserable.

Ty Webb wrote:The lady and I just started checking out house listings there. We won't be ready to buy for quite a while, but that area has piqued our interest since we want a detached house with a yard, not a coop or condo.

TW wants to let the dogs out!

I would suggest that you at least DON'T RULE OUT Jersey. But I know such a suggestion would be roundly ridiculed, so I won't say it.

But there are nice parts of North Jersey that kick major ass over Yonkers.

connor wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:We're in Fort Green, not far at all. One of my golf buddies lives very near you at 6th Ave and 3rd. We should definitely get together for a meal one of these days. Have you eaten at Coco Roco yet? Delicious, low-temperature Peruvian joint, on 5th Ave I think. Fantastic, dangerously good pisco sours.
Sure thing, anytime. Haven't been to any of those places.

ERawk, what do you know about Eastchester and points around there (Mount Vernon, Yonkers, etc)? The lady and I just started checking out house listings there. We won't be ready to buy for quite a while, but that area has piqued our interest since we want a detached house with a yard, not a coop or condo.
My girlfriend and I just moved from Mt Vernon (her) and Bronxville/Yonkers (me). We both lived in detached houses with yards.

I could give you a thousand reasons as to why that's a bad idea. Don't do it. You'll be fucking miserable.

Connor, if you don't mind me asking, did you go to school around here? Sarah Lawrence or something? I would also imagine living close to each other might be a better alternative than living together, but thats just me.

But, about Mount Vernon Yeah, thats where I am, specifically the Fleetwood area. I'm at home, I grew up here and can't really say a bad thing about it. But I am a bit biased.

Being at home is at times pretty lame. But its temporary and I still have some good friends around here. Plus, I'm in stumbling distance from like three bars and its close enough to the city.

My best friend and his lady friend just moved to Dobbs Frerry and it seems like a nice area with affordable housing and its close to the train.

If anyone has any questions about the area, feel free to PM me.
zom-zom wrote:Why do drummers insist on calling the little stools they sit on "thrones"? Kings of nothing.

eephour wrote:Connor, if you don't mind me asking, did you go to school around here? Sarah Lawrence or something? I would also imagine living close to each other might be a better alternative than living together, but thats just me.

But, about Mount Vernon Yeah, thats where I am, specifically the Fleetwood area. I'm at home, I grew up here and can't really say a bad thing about it. But I am a bit biased.
Yeah, I got my master's at Sarah Lawrence and lived in a house on Desmond Ave right next to the Bronx River Pkwy. Before that, I was in San Antonio/Austin, two places that I adore, so Yonkers/Bronxville was a bit....blah. Yonkers feels like the dumping ground for miserable, shit-sucking northeasterners who hate life and can't do anything about it. The people there just grossed me out. And the restaurants fucking suck (though Joe's Pizzeria on Gramatan and E. Broad St. is definitely my favorite pizza joint in the NY area). Everything anyone ever told me about "asshole New Yorkers/yankees" ended up being true only with regard to those outside of New York City itself (i.e. Yonkerers, Long Island, Jersey, Connecticut).

Sorry to insult your home county. I actually like Mt Vernon way more than Yonkers.