Let's Talk Baseball

Barbo wrote:For some unknown reason the Rays v. Red Sox game was not aired on any channel last night.
It sounds like you was BLACKED OUT IN FLORIDA!

I'll never understand the sports broadcast blackout rules. I've had Southern Cal football games blacked out in Idaho, which would be like blacking out Florida games in Pennsylvania. Wtf.

Anyway, I watched all thirty-seven glorious innings of that game. It was great, although it's kind of a bummer to see Mike Timlin get his head bashed apart a month before he surely retires.

By the way, what are the Rays' team colors? Black? Green? White? Black? Blue?

I am very confused!

Let's Talk Baseball

Yngwie Einstein wrote:Christopher J. McGarvey wrote:Barbo wrote:I am still confused by the name change from the Devil Rays.JonConfused how?They were all like "Devil be gone" and now they're in first place.Jesus wins.Note to the Orioles: Consider a name change. Here's a suggestion: God's Winged Friends.At this stage, they'd be better off aligning themselves with Satan.
Or just not sucking during August and September.
pwalshj wrote:I have offered you sausage.
Rift Canyon Dreams

Let's Talk Baseball

AAAARGHH! This AL Central race is going to give me gray hair. Really going to come down to the wire.

The Twins have the schedule advantage (albeit a slight one) from here on out, but they've got to get it done.
You had me at Sex Traction Aunts Getting Vodka-Rogered On Glass Furniture

Let's Talk Baseball

Mouthpiece wrote:whats the point of blacking out a game that their service had the exclusive rights to?
By blacking out the game, the Blue Jays and MLB ensured that the entire population of Canada would attend this game.

I should get my friend J\_\_\_\_\_ on here to discuss the Chicago Blackhawks broadcast history. He gets really agitated, and he usually ends up around here.

Let's Talk Baseball

Bradley R. Weissenberger wrote:It sounds like you was BLACKED OUT IN FLORIDA!I'll never understand the sports broadcast blackout rules. I've had Southern Cal football games blacked out in Idaho, which would be like blacking out Florida games in Pennsylvania. Wtf.

you know whats worse? i have an mlb.tv subscription, but the jays are blacked out of all of Canada. all of it. the whole country. thats their black out area. so, ok, i can deal with that, we have three networks competing for broadcasting rights here, so just about every game gets aired, BUT, a couple of months ago, there was a daytime "MLB.TV EXCLUSIVE" against the rays which was blacked out, for all of Canada. an MLB.TV EXCLUSIVE! whats the point of blacking out a game that their service had the exclusive rights to?