what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Rodabod wrote:I bought a couple of Neve 1081 channel strip knock-offs from a group buy at PSW/REP. They were ridiculously cheap, and needless to say are faulty from new even though they haven't arrived yet and will need to be modified. Thank goodness for cheap Chinese labour and dodgy design copying skills.

Someone told (tried to get me to go in on them, in fact) me about these. Not to sound combative or anything, but why did you do it? What's faulty about them? I know people were expecting to swap the transformers with Carnhill ones, are they actually non-functioning on top of that? This came about just as I was working on some 1290 clones and I just felt that given the amount of time and money you have to put into even making these things yourself, the pricing was just ludicrous. Plus, I don't like buying anything from China if I can help it.
Don't shun it. Fun it.

dontfeartheringo wrote:I have an ESP LTD on layaway. Should be out next week, since today was payday and I have five eBay auctions ending tomorrow.Nick Greer has offered to custom wind some humbucker pickups for me. (for a reasonable fee. Very reasonable.)Nice “ I almost bought the version with passive SD pickups at the beginning of the year. It was really great to play. You get a lot of guitar for your money. I eventually found a used SG at a cheap price. But one of these would be cool. japmn wrote:I am really close to pulling the trigger on a MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay unless one of you can suggest a better full analog delay for under $150 that isn't a Memory Man Jr..

I have an MXR Carbon Copy - I can t compare it to anything as it s the first delay I ve ever had. But I think it s excellent! It s simple to use which is my main criteria. But it s also tweekable “ which I haven t bothered with “ you can open it up and adjust trim pots to make it more unique.

I need to stop reading the tech room ¦ it make me want to buy more things.

I just got one of these

It is my second one. I like them a lot. Here's the low down on them
http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend ... \_head.html
I run it through a Bogner 1x12. It's the nicest sounding amp I've ever had. It sounds like a Vox/Matchless type amp. I'd love to have one of those amps, but spending three grand on one would land me in divorce court.

By the way, anyone here know who is selling the Electrical guitar on the eBay?
http://myspace.com/sadlikecrazy

endofanera wrote:japmn wrote:I am really close to pulling the trigger on a MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay unless one of you can suggest a better full analog delay for under $150 that isn't a Memory Man Jr.Those MXR delays are nice -- I'd drop 150 on one without too much hesitation.I love my old DOD, but I dont know how easy they are to come by.So nice.

I used to own that one, they are not that hard to find, I sold mine for $110, and bought a silvertone with a extra bit of cash.
Ty Webb wrote:
You need to stop pretending that this is some kind of philosophical choice not to procreate and just admit you don't wear pants to the dentist.

dontfeartheringo wrote:I am trying to talk Nick into loading up a bunch of his pedals, a bunch of his amps and guitars and driving to Chicago so you Electrical/Kuma's guys can heard the stuff. Maybe make a trip to NYC for Vockings and PWalsh (and other NYC peeps) to hear them too. I could use a little vacation anyway.Anyone interested?

If you can make it to Rockhaus in Milwaukee I bet they would take some of his stuff as they have tons of boutique effect boxes and amps...
Ty Webb wrote:
You need to stop pretending that this is some kind of philosophical choice not to procreate and just admit you don't wear pants to the dentist.