what're you buyin', what's on its way?

honeyisfunny wrote:I have a bright yellow bass fuzz pedal on it's way courtesy of a new local pedal builder and it's named the Pint Of Wine after one of my band's songs. I feel very happy about that, especially as he's selling them to other folks too. I know what Nuno Bettencourt feels like now with his Washburns.

I very quickly misread that as you were buying the Nuno Bettencourt Washburn... jesus. I was trying to picture the Lords playing N4's.

The Pint Of Wine pedal sounds like an excellent idea.

B\_M\_L wrote:dontfeartheringo wrote:AIMS all tube bass amp.$175, beaches!Nice! Are you on some kind of spending spree at the moment? How's the ESP so far?I ordered a Nick Greer fuzz pedal today...

Getting moved into the A Room at the studio meant I got to sell off all of the gear from the B Room. That freed up a few thousand dollars, a bunch of which I plowed into the weird wild and volatile stock market for about two weeks, then got out and made a whole lot more money. Buy low, sell high, right?

So, yeah, I am spending money.

The ESP, by the way, is a LOT of fun to play. Sounds great too.

Did you get the Razor Burn? I love the sound of that pedal.

I may start selling Nick's stuff on a website soon. He doesn't have a web retailer in our region and is having trouble getting his stuff into stores.

I am told that a bunch of the boutique manufacturers are hurting right now because the smaller music stores are getting mashed by Guitar Center. No one who doesn't have an army of Chinese Labor at their beck and call wants to deal with the Big Box retailers because of the volume of product required and the whole time-to-market thing. I am thinking of starting a little place on the web where guys like Nick (and maybe The Milford? You want I should sell some Rusty Boxes for you?) can get to buyers without having to deal with the coke-addled former guitar player (LEAD guitar player!) from Rizky Bizness who gave up on playing and started a music store. (You know the one.)

So, this is one part me saying "I have this idea and, well, what do you think?" and one part "Full disclosure, anything I say about Nick Greer's stuff from here forward is not entirely as a disinterested party."

I'll keep y'all posted.
Redline wrote:Not Crap. The sound of death? The sound of FUN! ScrrreeEEEEEEE

I have a bright yellow bass fuzz pedal on it's way courtesy of a new local pedal builder and it's named the Pint Of Wine after one of my band's songs. I feel very happy about that, especially as he's selling them to other folks too. I know what Nuno Bettencourt feels like now with his Washburns.
Rick Reuben wrote:We're all sensitive people
With so much love to give, understand me sugar
Since we got to be... Lets say, I love you

B\_M\_L wrote:honeyisfunny wrote:I have a bright yellow bass fuzz pedal on it's way courtesy of a new local pedal builder and it's named the Pint Of Wine after one of my band's songs. I feel very happy about that, especially as he's selling them to other folks too. I know what Nuno Bettencourt feels like now with his Washburns.I very quickly misread that as you were buying the Nuno Bettencourt Washburn... jesus. I was trying to picture the Lords playing N4's. The Pint Of Wine pedal sounds like an excellent idea.

Polaris used to use one of those N4s... good band with bad guitar!

The pedal is commercially available soon to order. It's very nice, a bass fuzz for normal guitar - adds subs and tons of squidge. The prototype through a Marshall 1/2 stack made pictures fall off the walls. That delighted me, having a microscopic wanger as I do.
Rick Reuben wrote:We're all sensitive people
With so much love to give, understand me sugar
Since we got to be... Lets say, I love you

I've got a Thomas Buchanan Irish Bouzouki on it's way.

Found one in the Nashville craigslist for super-cheap. Made in Scotland, I even contacted the luthier and he told me what sort of wood it's constructed of etc. Mr. Brett kindly offered to help me with the transaction.

The seller found a small crack in the top and is shipping it to me to check out first before he cashes my check to see if I still want it. I like when people are honest to deal with like this.

So you're probably wondering what possessed me to buy a bouzouki. I'll let you know when it's time.