current DIY projects you are working on .. or planning on.

OK...- Squier Tele Custom II now has a mini-hum at the bridge (stock from an Epi wilshire reissue, sounds surprisingly good) and Wilkinson EZ-Lok tuners. Next step...cut a tortoiseshell pickguard for it. Will look good against the banana custard that passes for blond on this example.- Gordon Smith GS 1.5 now has Wilkinson piston-lock tuners, which is really helping out with the wanton Bigsby-fication I exacted on it a year or so ago. Now, a keeper.- The 12-10 speaker cab (one 12, one 10) crawls on. Carcass is done, piping channels cut, baffle cut and mounted, but still needs speaker holes cut. Frame for speaker cloth now put together. Hope to be finishing this up by the end of the summer.- The Tele build. My, where to begin? Neck mounting done. Not a lot else. Bridge pickup cavity needs enlarging (cheap import body designed for a long plate bridge), neck pickup needs routing out for a mini-hum, bridge holes to be drilled, rear tone bar (single block instead of individual string mounting ferrules) cavity to be drilled, pickguard to be designed and cut (again, cheap import body has slightly misplaced control cavity). Considering reshaping the body to add a little offset and 'Stang it up a bit. Colour will be metallic copper, making this (for the time being) a Tele Cu-Stang. Geddit. A real backburner job, this one.That is all.

Re-house both of my superfuzzes in junction boxes and replace the stock tone switch with a stomp switch.Build two passive mid/side unitsPut L+R and L-R points on the patch bayFinish racking up the McCurdy mic pres I've had on the bench for 4 months. I mean, the fucking power supply is ready to go, all I've got to do is run the wire and I'm done. This is the project I loathe my procrastination on the most.Build white noise generator of some kind.Finish 2 Dallas Rangemaster clones

well todays project came up a bit un expected. the master volume on my ivp finally shit the bed. so it was a repair day. anyone that has ever opened one up knows how lame those damn pots they have in there are.i devised a work around though. clip the old pots out , leave the long ass leads in the board and solder the new pot to those solid tin leads.kinda ugly but it works
I've got all the natural gas we could ever need

Bought a MIJ Fender Strat off a friend. It has a particularly "lawyer-ish" Foto Flame finish (a picture of flamed wood stuck on the guitar front and back and then finished over with a red-to-yellow transparent burst finish). It looks like total AIDS but plays great. Planning on nuking the finish with Nitromors and then giving it an ultra-thin black paintjob so it's wear through really quickly after a couple of years of gigging.Pics to follow as I do it.
Rick Reuben wrote:We're all sensitive people
With so much love to give, understand me sugar
Since we got to be... Lets say, I love you

notimeforlove wrote:I was thinking of this thread this weekend as I worked on like 10 projects at once. here is the list.Ibanez Rick 4001 copy w/bolt on neck. I need to finish sanding the neck and send it and the body out to A local luthier to have him paint it. I'd do it myself but he does these increadible sunburst in interesting colors, I'm thinking teal to yellow, it's called a cactus burst. The guy's name is John Rumley and in addition to making awesome cheap custom baritones and repairs, he plays pedal steel in Slim Cessna's Auto Club. After it gets back from paint, I'm cutting a new pickguard and dropping a Mosrite single coil pickup in the neck and a guild humbucker in the bridge. it also will rock a Kahler bass trem. Curious about the John Rumley guitars. I really like the baritone guitars of his I've seen on YouTube and someone said he sells them on ebay but haven't seen anything current or completed? Have you played any of his custom guitars? I don't personally care for the extra western regalia but think the instruments look simple and well made. Any feedback or price ranges?