Recording Session Photos

The space is the most recent incarnation of Mr. Toad's. I used to work there full time. Now I just go in part time to help out and take my return clients. Tardon, the owner, built out a live room for tracking and live video shoots. Before he really finished it, the transfer, archiving, and mastering aspects of the business took off. He really is not interested in running a traditional recording studio. I was able to get the room for this session, and then Scott brought his mobile rig and set up in the big room. It's funny, because there are snakes to a control room with big speakers, and about 80% of a tracking setup done, but it was still just easier to treat the room like a soundstage where we had to bring in all of our own gear.

Recording Session Photos

Glad Ben started this thread, this place needs it. I love session pics and try and shoot some every session I do.busbus wrote:Looks like n-Eight did a great job racking those Yamaha PM-1000 channels for Scott. Scott, are you running all your inputs through that Fireface 400?Yeah, super nice rack job from Nate. I don't have a very good ear for mic pres but they sounded good to me.That's actually a Multiface and yeah, it's all my I/O. It has 18 inputs -- 8 though the unit's analog inputs (I run the API and Sytek pres into that); 8 through lightpipe (Digimax LT); 2 through coaxial (which I use the Behringer 2-channel A/D for, and have the PM1k connected to). Maybe it's a little goofy to run those Yamaha pres through Behringer conversion, but that's how it works out right now.