Band: Can

Crap
Total votes: 5 (7%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 69 (93%)
Total votes: 74

Band: Can Band: Can

very not crap, even if their later releases did suck, though i do like soon over babaluma.i do enjoy that they had a sense of humor about their "ethnological forgeries."holger czukay's canaxis is fucking amazing, too.
To me Steve wrote:I'm curious why[...] you wouldn't just fuck off instead. Let's hear your record, cocksocket.

NC, no waffles. I only have two of the Damo Suzuki albums, Tago Mago and, (I think) Ege Bayamsi (spelling is probably off). They're awesome. Paperhouse, the opening track from Tago Mago gives me goosebumps. What a fucking drummer. I got into them because of The Fall's I Am Damo Suzuki. Of all the Krautrock bands I've heard (Amon Duul II, Cluster and Faust are the other standouts), they're by far my favourite.

Not scheiße. Not ever. No matter how crummy and waffle-laden their later material could get. One of the deadliest rhythm sections in music. Two wonderfully unhinged but very different vocalists. A band that turned psychedelia into something decidedly non-hippie, but also kept their Krautrock messy and fucked-up, even when everybody else was adopting a Kraftwerk synthoid style (not that I don't dig Kraftwerk) or getting into new-age wallpaper. It's just too bad that the last few albums had to happen and that those Jamaican guys from Traffic joined the band. But overall, Can were some very groovy Germans (plus a rotating cast of non-Germans). I like.