Show us your amps!!!

WoundedFoot wrote:DUDE! I have the one in the middle. Always wondered what the fuck the weird little thing was, but I had a feeling it was a Silvertone. Great for warm jazz tones and the reverb is pretty cool. Only drawback is that it's not very loud. Still, I love owning that thing and it's cool to know that it has some PRF love.The circuit is basically the same as an AC-30, but with big US military surplus transformers and a few other Danelectro mods. Only one of the tubes needed replacing - the rest all have the Silvertone logo on them.Ben helped me out by wiring it up so that I can drive another amp with it, so when I play live I have a very clean Yamaha solid state that I use to add volume. Works pretty well. Plus I can set this amp by the drummer so that he can hear me when monitors are dubious.

Show us your amps!!!

Redline wrote:I'm proud to say I have that same Vox amp.I want a bigger amp that gives me a heavier tone. But that amp is good, for what it does.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Show us your amps!!!

Auntie Ovipositor wrote:I love these weird old XL-series Silvertones. The one in the middle (40 XL) is my main amp. I own 2, but want to be able to stack up 8 or so.DUDE! I have the one in the middle. Always wondered what the fuck the weird little thing was, but I had a feeling it was a Silvertone. Great for warm jazz tones and the reverb is pretty cool. Only drawback is that it's not very loud. Still, I love owning that thing and it's cool to know that it has some PRF love.
http://www.myspace.com/wintersinosaka1
(Winters In Osaka)

Show us your amps!!!

Shitty camera picture.Heads:1968 Fender Bassman2004 Soldano Avenger1979 Park-branded Marshall 2203Cabs:Avatar 2x12 Open backed with Classic Lead 80sMarshall JCM800 era 1960A (I haven't cracked it open yet, but the store I bought it from says they're G12T-75s, although according to the back, they might be G12M-70s)Sunn Model T 4x12 (3 Celestion G12T-75s, one Hellatone 60. Mic that one, plz.)
Motherfuckers Move Slow.