Flipper?

Crap.
Total votes: 7 (7%)
Not crap.
Total votes: 92 (93%)
Total votes: 99

Band: Flipper Flipper?

a leg plaster wrote:Yeah SecondEdition, if you love Public Flipper Limited I bet you'd be all over this.I'll see what I can do for you.I think Public Flipper Limited is the best Flipper album, so yeah.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

OrthodoxEaster,There are no physical copies released in any form as far as I know, but if I remember correctly there were plans a couple years ago to issue them properly, which hopefully is more than a rumor. I think it came from this interview with Bruce, actually.Noise wrote:Luckily, he hasn't lost his sense of humor, either. He has some hilarious stories, and it's a joy to hear his voice perk up when he tells them. For example, there was the time he crawled under the stage at a Dead Kennedys show and yelled through a hidden, plugged-in microphone, I might be 'too drunk to fuck,' but I can sure lick some pussy! He also mentioned a scrapped plan to issue a still-unreleased studio album from the mid-'80s under the title Flipper's Greatest Misses, with artwork depicting a dartboard decorated by errantly thrown syringes instead of darts. Will would have thought it was hilarious, he maintained.I always figured he meant those demos/unreleased tracks by that. The song Vali is thunderous. It should be heard by all!

Not Chum. Utter genius during the Will Shatter era. The first three singles, the bulk of Generic, and most of Public Flipper Limited are just mind-blowing. The perfect meeting of drunken joke, noisy catharsis, and profound humanism. Helped get me thru my teens and 20s and inspired me to teach myself the bass. In fact, the only cover song my old band ever performed was The Wheel (Knitting Factory, summer 1996). Ted Falconi is an inimitable, abstract-expressionist guitar player. Steve DePace is a heavy and physically pleasing drummer, a bit like a punk-rock Bonham w/way less class. And that fucked-up, grinding bass tone... my God, so cool.i am the smud wrote:They could start releasing funk metal albums and I still would love them to deathThis is where I must pull out the waffle iron. The '90s studio album, American Grafishy, approached, but never quite attained this sound and boy, that thing really sucked. On the other hand, the mid-'00s reunion dates w/Steve DeMartis on bass were totally inspiring. I was surprised. Seeing Bruce waving a metal cane around w/electrodes on his chest, smoking cigarettes, and screaming the lyrics to Life Is Cheap was an utterly terrifying sight.However, I am not overly impressed w/what little I've heard of these new-ish Love/Fight releases, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Flipper should stay outta the studio at this late stage.But still... one of my favorite bands on the planet, which is why I'm so damn critical of them. I just wished they hadn't tarnished their legacy by continuing after 1987 or so.Inquiry: I've seen downloads of something called The Lights, The Sound, The Rhythm, The Noise: Unreleased Studio Session Tape 1983 on various blogs. Great lost recordings. Discogs.com has this title listed as a bootleg double CD but I'm skeptical. Has anyone ever actually seen a physical copy? I suspect it's just a homemade CDr or a download, but I might be wrong...

SecondEdition wrote:SecondEdition wrote:Bumping Generic in a full-blown alcoholic stupor right now.Flipper means more to me than most any other band, especially now.Flipper is better than any band you care to name.NEVER CRAP. Flipper rules ok?!I totally don't remember posting this... which is how Flipper would have wanted it.ow. this hangover is painful.I'm on board with you. They are probably my desert island choice. I never get bored of 'em.How about the newest one? Is it worth buying?