Wedding Music or your song

Incidental music before the ceremony was a compilation i made of sir richard bishop.Walked down the aisle to the opening of a love supreme , it was. Rad, I timed it so she entered the same time as Coltrane does.Recessional was I hear a symphony by the supremes, I don't know why, but ive always loved that song.Dance- I'm so thankful by reigning sound.The music throughout the reception was mostly r&b.I got a touch sappy about the music. But, it worked, the Coltrane had my pop crying immediately.
Great Deceiver

Wedding Music or "your song"

We had a string trio at the ceremony and I have no idea what song we walked down the aisle to. But our first dance at the reception was to "Sweet Avenue" by Jets to Brazil. We sort of forgot that the song is like five and a half minutes long, so it was a bit long and eventually felt a little creepy to be dancing up there for that long while everyone (including and especially our parents) was staring at us. If I had it all to do over again I'd have made a radio edit of the song, or at least told the DJ to cut it after three minutes or so.

The wedding party walked out to End's Not Near. Laura really wanted to walk out In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, but then we found out Jimmyfuckingtwohands had already done it, so we went with The Big Sleep's Chorus of Guitars. The song that started immediately as the ceremony ended was Black Cab by Jens Lekman. WE did our first (and only) dance to Who Are You by Tom Waits. I also danced with my mother to Purple Rain. It was pretty creepy.
I've seen the bridges burning in the night.

Not wedding music (was none), but This Must Be the Place by Talking Heads.Brilliant song, fits almost too well.Check this out from Wiki:The song was covered by the Montreal-based band Arcade Fire as a B-side to their single Neighborhood #3 (Power Out). The version on the single is live, with David Byrne on guest vocals. It has also been recorded by Shawn Colvin, and covered by Perpetual Groove, MGMT, Mysteries of Life, Animal Liberation Orchestra, The String Cheese Incident, Counting Crows, the Ryan Montbleau Band, Miles Fisher, Tim Bowness/Samuel Smiles, Weatherbox and Cornmeal.Ha ha! Horrible! Someone good should cover it.

6079smith wrote:Marsupialized wrote:Boombats wrote:Marsupialized wrote:How the fuck you with a girl for 17 years and ain't been married yet?We are not religiousWe don't have kidsWe don't give a shit about convention custom or traditionOr health insurance?I would've said 'true love' or something but whatever.What would I know, me and Ladysmith have been around like eight years now.We both have health insurance through my job. We have true love and we don't need a legal document to prove it. If we ever do get married it will be either because we have kids or just to surprise the shit out of everyone. Most people I've observed who get married are perpetuating a sham, trying to hang on to someone who is slipping out of their fingers, trying to control one another, fooling themselves, protecting their own material possessions or coveting the other's, etc etc etc. THERE IS NO NEED TO RUIN A PERFECTLY GOOD THING. At least not so early in the relationship, like most people seem to want to rush into doing. Take your time and get to fuggin know a person. It's not like you are going to go to hell if you die before you get married.
www.myspace.com/pissedplanet
www.myspace.com/hookerdraggerlives