High Flying Hi-Flier Thread for High Flyers

CityOfSalt wrote:As far as I can tell, in the units that include them, the tremolo is next to useless (hence, my original post).They're far from useless- they're just a little unbalanced so you get an uneven-sounding dip of the 6 strings on chords. With a Jag/Jazzmaster you can do lovely chorded stuff and drop the whole chord evenly but my H/F seems to do weird things when you do this. Also, they're really hard to find tremelo arms for, mine has a non original one that fits nicely but looks like it's off a Floyd Rose. It stays in tune though unless you get totally Jimi Hendrix on it. Here's mine with added trem use here: http://doublesixclub.tv/session/13/felix (3rd song)
Rick Reuben wrote:We're all sensitive people
With so much love to give, understand me sugar
Since we got to be... Lets say, I love you

Really miss my phase IV Hi-Flier that I had. I sold it to forum member RBoyer,and I still get to see it all the time since we play in a band together. Still, that guitar felt and sounded great. Here's a photo of my wife pretending to play it:Really stoked on getting Mason's once he's got his guitar stuff sorted out, and having Chris Jury give it a once over.My friend Corey has a BEAUTIFUL Phase I Hi-Flier that mutual friend sold him for cheap. Here's him playing it:
Pure L wrote:I get shocked whenever I use my table saw while barefooted.

I Made Out With You Before You Were Cool
Don't Sit On The Pickets

dropthebeat wrote:I don't get the hype about these. I have a Phase 2 PAN Hi-Flier (Canadian import brand) and I hate it. Possibly my least favourite guitar that I've ever owned.You're right. I just sold mine and I'd imagine everyone else on the thread followed suit. Could you please advise me on my record collection too? I've got some weeding out to do. Also: where do you stand on coriander?
Rick Reuben wrote:We're all sensitive people
With so much love to give, understand me sugar
Since we got to be... Lets say, I love you