Tune-bot Electronic Drum Tuner

I think this is great and will probably be fairly easy to use for the sort of drummer who hangs out at this forum, BUT I can see a bunch of guys struggling with this the Tune Bot „¢. It's fairly technical to use even the most basic features on this thing.Annnnnd.....I mean, let's face it... DRUMMERS, y'know?amirite?
Redline wrote:Not Crap. The sound of death? The sound of FUN! ScrrreeEEEEEEE

this is pretty revolutionary compared to those drum dial things. long video at the link.http://memphisdrumshop.com/index.php?ma ... s\_id=15059http://tune-bot.com/Tune-bot Electronic Drum TunerAfter years of research and development, Overtone Labs has finally created a fast, accurate, and effective drum tuning device. This new invention is about to change the way you tune your drums, and more importantly, change the way your drums sound.Features lug pitch measurement, overall pitch measurement, frequency and note modes, overtone filters, difference mode, 80+ Save Slots, easy to read display with backlight, drum hoop clip, drum tuning charts, and pitch recommendations.
post honeymoon | bang! bang! | new black

i dunno that i have the patience at this point in my life to get this, but when i was younger i definitely would have. i always found it really unnerving when i'd put all brand new heads on right before recording - what if i couldn't get them back to where i'd finally spent all that time fine tuning them too? you take a pretty decent sounding kit and just totally kill it right before the most important time it needs to sound the best. guitar players change their strings so much more frequently than drummers do heads. i'd already be stressed about 100 other things - and something like this would make that a lot easier to go back to that baseline with confidence.
post honeymoon | bang! bang! | new black