Post videos of asshole cops being assholes

Adam Sr wrote:Incidental and minor assholery by the standards of this thread, but do cops in the US typically swear at people, like when Officer Nickelsack tells the guy, 'put your fucking hands on the dash'?Absolutely. Every form of verbal abuse- not just cursing, but insults, condescension, etc. are all par for the course.
You call me a hater like that's a bad thing

Ekkssvvppllott wrote:MayorofRockNRoll is apparently the poor man's thinking man.

1. Cops do not have a right to safety as regular citizens do. They are employed as officers of the law which includes putting themselves into harm's way in the manner as fire fighters do. You didn't see fire fighters refusing to go up the WTC after the attack. Cops primary mission is to preserve the peace. A cop getting killed is supposed to be way more acceptable than a citizen being killed, not the other way around. check this insanity:http://bigstory.ap.org/article/chp-seiz ... en-punchedPlaying by entirely different rules. Why are the fucking teabaggers pro cop in this case? Total violation of constitutional rights. It's because it is a black person.
m.koren wrote:Fuck, I knew it. You're a Blues Lawyer.

The only way I can see them being right in not allowing her to go into the bathroom by herself at that point is that they are putting themselves and her at risk if she comes out with a weapon or locks the door and slashes her wrists or jumps out the window and runs off. They could say, "ok, you're getting locked up tonight so tell us where the tampons are and you can bring some with you" without being typical dicks about it.
Rick Reuben wrote:Edit those words out or I'm contacting a moderator.

Groundelite wrote:http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2014/08/st\_paul\_police\_defend\_chris\_lollie\_arrest\_lawyers\_question\_aggressive\_use\_of\_force.phpBennett says that even if police had a reasonable suspicion Lollie was committing a misdemeanor, that still wouldn't justify officers using a taser against him. Lollie says the taser strike left him with bruises and marks on his leg.It's sort of like spitting on the sidewalk, Bennett says. There's not much reason to use force on somebody in that case... It's really about 'contempt of cop.'Contempt of cop struck home as it reflects my own impression of cops -- Why wouldn't you just cooperate? trumps that a person is not actually breaking any law.

That is fucking awful.I found a follow-up article and, SURPRISE: - all charges dropped - a witness (his kid's teacher) fully corroborated his version of the story (contrary to the police version) - another woman who works near the First National Bank Building told investigators she would often sit and have lunch in the stretch of skyway where Lollie was arrested and had never been badgered by security guards or police.http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2014/08/st\_paul\_police\_defend\_chris\_lollie\_arrest\_lawyers\_question\_aggressive\_use\_of\_force.phpNo matter what, this is awful. But right in front of his kids? Those kids can't unsee this shit. Awful.