The Fearsome and Mighty Royal Super Bunny thread

yard barf wrote:Is it exposed wood on the inside? Since it's already warped, and it doesn't require precision as much as something like a guitar neck, what if you wet the wood with warm water, let it soak in for awhile, and then tried bending it towards the right form, and letting it dry like that?Its exposed. I think its like an MDF/particle board kinda thing. Anyway, i tried ironing it with a wet towel over it, and we'll see if that helps.

Dr Tony Balls wrote:Fuckin A....the work on this amp has been a back burner project ever since I got it. Work on it when I can, order new parts when its convenient, etc. Its finally fixed/modded/kicking ass and it somehow doesnt fit in the head cab anymore! I dont remember it being hard to get out of the cab, though that was a while ago. And the cab always did look a little warped in the middle of the top but it must be worse now because nothing fits. The front plate is 9 1/16" tall and the edges of the cab have that much clearance but the middle is about 3/16" too short. So right now I have some splints in there propping the warped top up to the proper dimension, hoping that after a bit itll coax back into shape. We'll see if that works...hopefully I dont have to build a new cab.Hah! How weird.You need to get it into a humid/damp environment for a few days I think, get the wood supple again so it takes the new shape/reverts to square. Wood has a pretty strong memory once dried that you may struggle to solve with just dry stretching.

bishopdante wrote:Toxic as can be, and if old probably contains extra lead, PCBs and other evil spirits.Yes, but also a surfeit of mojo, no doubt.I would try to salvage this cabinet, if at all possible.It would make me a little sad to separate these longtime partners.This was a restoration/resurrection from the start.And I'm not sure anybody's planning to take this amp on the road or anything.

Dr Tony Balls wrote:Fuckin A....I dont remember it being hard to get out of the cab, though that was a while ago. And the cab always did look a little warped in the middle of the top but it must be worse now because nothing fits. The front plate is 9 1/16" tall and the edges of the cab have that much clearance but the middle is about 3/16" too short.Oh man. That's a good life lesson everyone should take note of. On a similar note, if you ever remove a celluloid pickguard (tortoise or pearloid) from an old guitar to do some repair work (or refinishing), you MUST screw it down (preferably with the full-sized metal shield if it has one) to something else in the meantime, or it'll shrink on you pretty quickly.