Ricky Gervais

I love his stand-up comedy. The Office is really funny. I heard he is going to entwine with the bloke who is in the American office and do an Office special. I wasn't so keen on the American version at first, but saw an episode the other night and thought it was quite funny.

Ricky Gervais

lucy wrote:I love his stand-up comedy. The Office is really funny. I heard he is going to entwine with the bloke who is in the American office and do an Office special. I wasn't so keen on the American version at first, but saw an episode the other night and thought it was quite funny.I think perhaps series 2 and 3 are OK, maybe more. The first series is painful and the newest stuff I've seen is horrible also.

Ricky Gervais

I dislike this guy a great deal, although it probably has as much to do with his personality as his comedy.The little I've seen of his standup was awful. He just squealed in a high-pitched voice about arbitrary, boring "observations" while gurning, as though these things were masterpieces of the absurd. It was perpelexing and slighly infuriating to see him presented as an equal amongst Louis CK, Seinfeld, Chris Rock. WTF. Truly.I guess Hollywood dissolves boundaries, even when they're merited.
- Andy