New football season 2018-2019

Dudley wrote:Atletico Plissken reporting for duty.This is a good name. The League of Slackers usually has some good names - except for me. I've gone for boring consistency, grinding it out like a turgid Mourinho win. 13 million for Salah is steep - what an increase over last season. I had him for the entire season last time, and I think he went from maybe 8.5 to 10.5 just over the course of the season. I don't think he'll be able to replicate the same form this time around, but even if he's 25% down in his return, still incredible. So dominant last year, and with everyone likely to do it this year, it begs the question: can you not Salah Captain? So many good options in the City midfield, but with Mahrez joining that rotation, makes everything a bit less certain. One kind of wonders how good Sterling or Sane's returns would be if they got as much game time as De Bruyne or Salah. Tough season to put together a team. I've clobbered together one which I think will be decent, but wish I had just an extra 3 million to work with. --- On a side note, feeling vaguely optimistic about Liverpool chances this season. There's been some good improvement in key areas, look a lot more solid at the back and through the middle, and some depth to the squad now. Wish we could get shot of Lovren though - more than any other player, he tends to make several critical errors per season that lead directly to opposition goals.

League of Slackers is back. I believe this is the 12th season for it. Your chance to put all your armchair expertise into action. Your chance to agonise over which astronomically priced players to purchase and which maybe they'll do well bargain basements to use as filler. https://fantasy.premierleague.comCode to join the league is: 1036482-232204Reminding everyone early this year!

sleepkid wrote:Tough season to put together a team. I've clobbered together one which I think will be decent, but wish I had just an extra 3 million to work with. Pick n mix. I just grabbed a handful in a "it's a 1st draft, just get to the end and then rejig at leisure" sort of way, and was pleasantly surprised to find I had enough left over for Kane. There's still the ongoing mystery of great players, who you watch play well and swing games, but just don't pull their weight in a fantasy team. RE Liverpool, yeah, I think things are looking good for you. As a City fan, I'd say getting a new keeper to replace a dodgy one was absolutely the cornerstone of last season's success. OK, so we supposedly did it the season before too, so it doesn't always work out, and either way you feel sorry for the incumbent. It's terrifying how quickly a keeper can "break", from being world-class to looking fragile and angry. Outfield players tend to have a more cushioned, dignified descent - strikers start fewer games, midfielders drop back - but keepers just tend to snap nowadays. Maybe it's aggravated by the increased expectation of their ball-playing, and the younger guys coming through will be more robust. Dunno. I wouldn't worry too much about Lovren. He doesn't seem to be at Ottamendi levels of liability yet, and the World Cup will either do him some good or raise what you get for him.
yaledelay wrote:FUCK YOU APPLE PIE you are a old man...

A\_Man\_Who\_Tries wrote:If anyone in the UK fancies running a sticker fantasy football then I'd be in. Usually play ten packs per player, foil badges on player for double points, and just a first XI to stick down.A what now?Explain. But don't make it sound good. I can't be going down my newsagents buying Pannini stickers at my age. Someone might see. I'd rather be caught with a bongo mag. But really... a sticker league, you say?
yaledelay wrote:FUCK YOU APPLE PIE you are a old man...

Dudley wrote:sleepkid wrote:Tough season to put together a team. I've clobbered together one which I think will be decent, but wish I had just an extra 3 million to work with. Pick n mix. I just grabbed a handful in a it's a 1st draft, just get to the end and then rejig at leisure sort of way, and was pleasantly surprised to find I had enough left over for Kane. Yeah, after struggling with it a bit, and wasting more time than I ever though I would learning about Cardiff's squad, I'm somewhat ok with my team at this point. Would love to have an extra million just to solidify the bench, but it is what it is at this point. For those of you lurkers who haven't joined, just over 10 days left to get your team in. We're looking a little thin this year.https://fantasy.premierleague.comCode to join the league is: 1036482-232204I wouldn't worry too much about Lovren. He's the only member of the squad I do worry about really. So error-prone. It's a shame Oxlade-Chamberlain won't be back anytime soon, as I thought he was rotating in and out of the squad quite well, and added that extra bit of cover (which we clearly lacked in the Champion's League Final when he wasn't there). Shaquiri helps a bit.