Drum heads/skins.

154 wrote:dontfeartheringo wrote:How to dig more low freqs out of a brass or aluminum snare drum?Well, most people aren't aware that Remo makes three different hazy/snare side heads. Everyone knows the Diplomat and Ambassador, but there's also a Hazy Emperor. (dibs on the Stoner Rock name, btw.)I can't believe it happened, but I think I'm starting to get sick of the ring on my Black Beauty knockoff. I don't wanna give up the projection of just-below-tight tuning, so maybe the Hazy Emperor will do the trick.I dunno, dude, that snare sounds pretty great to me!That said, if you try a Hazy Emperor and you don't like it, I'll buy it right offa ya! Make sure you put the reso head on very gradually, as per this video:phpBB [media]Also, since you live in MKE now, you should definitely go to Interstate Music, since their prices are really, really great on heads and sticks!! I get ALL of my incidentals off of their website.
Redline wrote:Not Crap. The sound of death? The sound of FUN! ScrrreeEEEEEEE

Drum heads/skins.

The best advice in the snare drum video is to use new snare string when it gets all kinky.I tried a Hazy Ambassador reso snare head on my Rogers snare drum. I think it sounds better...?, but it just needed a new snare head anyway.I may try an Emperor Hazy head on my Ludwig super sensitive next. I think that will be a difference I can hear.