Recommend a... (Tech Room edition)

...bluetooth receiver for the home, please. Would like: stable connectionno weird pitchy weirdnessit to not auto-connect every time I walk into the room, but rather require my asking to connectit to be as invisible as possible; I have enough blue LEDs in the houseRequired:power supply I cannot hearWhen the recently-purchased one is turned off, the GD POS power supply howls throughout the 10-16k range. Having to plug in and unplug a BT receiver so I can sleep in the house sort of renders the convenience of--actually it's the perfect metaphor for most of life, sure, but please someone tell me if it's possible to get a well-designed PS in one of these things.Have thought about simply replacing the very old and unremarkable receiver/amp with one having BT built in, but was hoping to put that off for a bit.thanks!
Maple Stave::Grappling Hook::Des Ark

Dr Tony Balls wrote:anyone got recommendations for how they like to store cables on a wall? what hook/peg system is the best? Seems pretty simple, but im sure there's some *ideal* product for this that i'm not thinking about.We use the rubbermaid fast track things at work to hold all kinds of things off of the ground, including tubas and baritone horns. It's a pretty good system in that there's a variety of hooks/hangers/holders which attach and can be repositioned along the length of the rail as needed. We haven't used them for cables yet, but I think they'd do well.
Maple Stave::Grappling Hook::Des Ark

Dr Tony Balls wrote:anyone got recommendations for how they like to store cables on a wall? what hook/peg system is the best? Seems pretty simple, but im sure there's some *ideal* product for this that i'm not thinking about.Depending on how long the cables are, you can get away with storing short cables on a patch cable holder. (link is to a google search result, not a store recommendation.)Beyond that, decide if you want to stack more than one cable on the same peg or just do one cable, one peg.EA seems to have the former, and they look like angled dowel rods drilled into boards. They look nice.I went the one cable/one peg route and bought a bunch of these screw hooks and put them into plywood. Nicer than drywall screws. You could buy some compatible drywall anchors and just put them in your wall.= Justin

evanrowe wrote:Have thought about simply replacing the very old and unremarkable receiver/amp with one having BT built in, but was hoping to put that off for a bit.I bought this on a whim a few months ago because I desperately needed a new integrated amp that doesn't take up a lot of real estate. I didn't even care about the Bluetooth capability, but I use it a lot more than I expected.I know you said you're not really in the market for that much of an upgrade, but when you are, I highly recommend it.https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Ject-MAIA-BL ... B00MA6NUAE
**Do we need the other Chemical Bros. records??

evanrowe wrote:Dr Tony Balls wrote:anyone got recommendations for how they like to store cables on a wall? what hook/peg system is the best? Seems pretty simple, but im sure there's some *ideal* product for this that i'm not thinking about.We use the rubbermaid fast track things at work to hold all kinds of things off of the ground, including tubas and baritone horns. It's a pretty good system in that there's a variety of hooks/hangers/holders which attach and can be repositioned along the length of the rail as needed. We haven't used them for cables yet, but I think they'd do well.we use the fast track stuff here for bench tools, nice to configure differently, easy to swap out when things get worn.Otherwise if we want to make a whole wall of hanging storage we use unistrut