what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Remember when I was looking for a 50 watt Marshall? Well, I ended up going the other way and getting this 200 watt Mother amp by Science. 4 KT88s, a normal input that is very Hiwatt and OD input that is just a monster. I only got to test it out for a few hours yesterday and I am super stoked with it. I dig this a lot (a lot lot actually) and its nice to have an amp that I can use for both guitar and bass. I also took my Orange over to Fret Works and had them recap it, new tubes, and just gave it a real good check up. Thing sounds mean as fuck now with these JJs in it.

numberthirty wrote:chris jury wrote:chris jury wrote:Also came here to post that I have a surf green Bullet Mustang HH body on the way. A few months back I scored a 22.5 scale Duo Sonic neck. Been waiting to find one of these to do a budget build, maybe use up some tort pickguard material I have laying around. I dropped a mustang pickup in the neck of my white HH, but I never use it, so will recycle into this. I'm more inclined toward a musicmaster, but the neck is an original w/ the duo logo- so the cost of a switch and one more pickup is negligiblefinally showed up yesterday- neck pocket is a little small -fitting a fender neck into a squier body. Will do some filing and such.Now to score a bridge and spare pickup.Also-thinking about going with a 1 piece white guard.If I am correct in assuming HH translates to Humbucker sized, I might have a couple of things sitting around that you could just have(going on the assumption that they are functional).HH means dual humbucker routing.

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:Used Kendrick Black Frame speaker for the fucked up Gibson GA-40 that is ruining both my life and the little tech questions thread. $75 shipped! Not bad. Very good speakers.Of course the speaker didn t fit in that amp! Why would it!!! Luckily the tech (I gave up on trying to fight that amp) had a G12M he reconed that s been sitting that he ll put in for cheap. Apparently pulling the chassis in that thing was indeed a bitch for the local guy who fixes everybody s stuff around here, so I don t feel as bad about it. That $5 soldering iron I got from Harbor Freight didn t quite do the job, but I got a higher wattage one. So I ll work on learning solder broken cables before I attempt something like this again. Those 50s Gibsons are really cool and can be a good deal but they probably aren t the best amp to try to learn to fix.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

garthplinko wrote:TylerSavage wrote:EV15B recone kit. Need another project like a hole in the head, but I dress myself in the morning, how hard can it be?It's really not bad. Promise. Not even sure it qualifies as a "project." Just follow the instructions closely and you will be absolutely fine. About the only other thing I can say is just make sure the gap where the voice coil goes is CLEAN and the rim where the old cone attached to the frame is cleaned off from adhesive of the old speaker - a wire brush attachment on a Dremel or angle grinder will do that job fine.You set me up!This EV15b I think was reconed already and there was so much epoxy -took me an hour just to get the spider area clean with an angle grinder. The old œfoam surround is hard as a rock and further impregnated with epoxy. I m doing this all with a broken wrist mind you

garthplinko wrote:na na na na miss me w/ thatTHIS is the cosmic cause right here: TylerSavage wrote:how hard can it be?Sorry though that sucks. De-gooping is not fun. When I did mine I just had to go around the outside of the frame where the top of the speaker was and it only took a few minutes - the spider was clean.hahaha for sure - it's good exercise. Smells really weird too, so there's a new experience.