SAVE THE DATE: PRF CAMPOUT 2019 Oct 18-20

wotown wrote:My kids and I will be there regardless of whether there are bands.I only caught 2 full sets last year (Mars Hill and First Responders) plus a couple of songs from PT Ori and Wowza. Oh! Also the Petrillo bonfire set which my kids still talk about.On the other hand, if the rest of you aren't watching bands, there will be more people doing archery, and less time that my kids can be doing archery, so I say book bands. During archery.For the Parents' Rock Forum, I would like to be better organized with Official Kid Shit this year. I only got to see Mars Hill because of the playground proximity.Maybe:Start the bonfire earlier so the littlest ones can have some fire time.Have jamming time with some volunteer musicians. Take over the retreat center. We pretty much did that last year, anyhow. The one concern is proximity to later bands if there's an outside stage. The HORROR of bedtime is REAL, non-parents.Group the kids together more so all parents can have some time off / share shifts on the playground. Make them think it's like an organized camp and they're not being abandoned by their parents (though that is literally the point just don't tell them).Ideas welcome.

Parents' Rock Forum team assemble! All of this sounds great. I'm happy to play camp counselor for a bit to let other parents check out bands / talk to grownups. Also happy to help build a couch cushion fort and then let 5 kids attack me inside it again.One idea I'll add is to see if we can coordinate with ALL the parents who are staying. I know last year a few parents avoided booking the family cabin because they were worried about bedtime.

DrAwkward wrote:What if we split the difference and just did low volume/acoustic acts?ha! It's funny when garthplinko offered for us to play this year, I considered and eventually wrote back and said the only way i'd really want to do it would be if I did an acoustic set.(something I've never REALLY done, and that still terrifies me)as I think that would be kind of interesting and cool and different and fitting with the vibes and would allow me to present some of these songs that I spend so much time on and sink so much of myself into in a different manner.I still remember the campout that I did play, getting the awesome kerble shout out at the end of their set:Aright everybody! Now head on down to the ballroom to get your eardrums blown out by Conan Neutron & the Secret Friends!dang.Real talk though, that room was bright. Anyway, i'd be interested in hearing some of the PRF bands in a more stripped down/subdued environment. I think that stuff can work really well, and when it doesn't... well, at least it isn't that taxing to the ears.
Yes it's true, I am made from atoms.