summer PRFBBQ 2019 spitballin' thread

Ike wrote:I probably say this every summer, but that was the most chill, awesome time ever. Love love love you all.You might, but this time you're for sure right.More chill and awesome than ever before. Ruthless in its efficiency, dreamlike in its ease. An absolute delight, start to finish. Thank you, PRF Chicago People, for all your work to make it seem like anyone can do this.
Maple Stave::Grappling Hook::Des Ark

Charity $$$ update from Hastie:Hello Beautiful People!The beans have been counted and the details are impressive.Here's what you helped do:After expenses were deducted from donations, were able to...1) Take a small amount off the top to give to a fellow PRF comrade who needed a leg-up. This is something we try to do every year so it shouldn't come as a surprise. In the interest of privacy, I won't mention their name here, but know that it is a person who would (and has) dropped everything to help any one of us. Trust me: you are happy about this. If you want to complain about it, come find me... but be prepared for a foot in your butt.2) After that, we were left with almost $5800 to split between the two charities, TPAN and A Long Walk Home....3) Even BETTER THAN THAT, those 2 donations are being matched by the employer of one of our number.... that's right... ALMOST $11,600 DONATED TO CHARITY!As Yona was fond of saying, "We did this by partying."Either someone is slicing onions in here or I'm seriously verklempt.Good work, Everybody!xoxojohno
Pure L wrote:I get shocked whenever I use my table saw while barefooted.

I Made Out With You Before You Were Cool
Don't Sit On The Pickets

I tried to explain the PRF BBQ to Pinky Doodle Poodle before we got there. We got as far as "Big party where everyone is in a band that plays."And then I tried to explain that also the PRF BBQ raised thousands of dollars to help us fight to keep out daughter, and they were like "Uh, what?"And then we got there, and it was so so so so so good. And they ate free burritos and had a couple of beers, and they were like "How can we do this every year?"It was great. Y'all were great. Thank you to everyone, but most especially thanks to the Barlows and the other folks who did the heavy lifting, especially Jeff for making amazing food, and Jim Kamp for letting my band crash at his place on zero notice, and everyone for being incredible.
Redline wrote:Not Crap. The sound of death? The sound of FUN! ScrrreeEEEEEEE