Headlines That Make 'The Onion' Appear Obsolete

Anthony Flack wrote:It always surprises me when I am reminded that Lenny Kravitz is apparently a successful going concern as a celebrity figure and not living the life of a burned out one-hit-wonder from the 1990s that he surely, um... is?Confusing as hell, but he's got a shitload of gold and platinum records - I just have no idea who is buying them or listening to them?
http://www.myspace.com/leopoldandloebchicago

Linus Van Pelt wrote:I subscribe to neither prong of your false dichotomy.

Antero wrote:Anthony Flack wrote:It always surprises me when I am reminded that Lenny Kravitz is apparently a successful going concern as a celebrity figure and not living the life of a burned out one-hit-wonder from the 1990s that he surely, um... is?Confusing as hell, but he's got a shitload of gold and platinum records - I just have no idea who is buying them or listening to them?Rachel Dolezal, mainly
www.myspace.com/pissedplanet
www.myspace.com/hookerdraggerlives

Boombats wrote:Antero wrote:Anthony Flack wrote:It always surprises me when I am reminded that Lenny Kravitz is apparently a successful going concern as a celebrity figure and not living the life of a burned out one-hit-wonder from the 1990s that he surely, um... is?Confusing as hell, but he's got a shitload of gold and platinum records - I just have no idea who is buying them or listening to them?Rachel Dolezal, mainlyHa!

kokorodoko wrote:Antero wrote:Anthony Flack wrote:It always surprises me when I am reminded that Lenny Kravitz is apparently a successful going concern as a celebrity figure and not living the life of a burned out one-hit-wonder from the 1990s that he surely, um... is?Confusing as hell, but he's got a shitload of gold and platinum records - I just have no idea who is buying them or listening to them?That's seems to be sort of the essence of "adult contemporary" music. The music is everywhere, but its fans are nowhere. Just to take something off the top of my head, how often do you meet someone who claims to listen to Michael Bolton? And yet he's super successful.I knew a Haitian dude who was really into Bolton.
www.myspace.com/pissedplanet
www.myspace.com/hookerdraggerlives

Antero wrote:Anthony Flack wrote:It always surprises me when I am reminded that Lenny Kravitz is apparently a successful going concern as a celebrity figure and not living the life of a burned out one-hit-wonder from the 1990s that he surely, um... is?Confusing as hell, but he's got a shitload of gold and platinum records - I just have no idea who is buying them or listening to them?That's seems to be sort of the essence of adult contemporary music. The music is everywhere, but its fans are nowhere. Just to take something off the top of my head, how often do you meet someone who claims to listen to Michael Bolton? And yet he's super successful.