Re: Music Documentary Thread

Pretty different probably from the other stuff ITT but the recently made Framing Britney Spears is interesting. It's sort of a recap of her career but focuses on her "meltdown" and subsequent placing under conservatorship, particularly how this was treated in the media at the time. It functions as a good reminder of how disgusting tabloid journalism is since you get several years worth of it in one single dose.

What I liked about it personally is that to a young teenage me, Britney Spears became a symbol of everything wrong with music and I would get angry just thinking about her. I'm not thinking about any of this watching the docu. I feel compassion for her and her fans.

Also there is a clip of her singing as a child and I'm like damn. Her voice appears heavily underutilized in her songs. Not that they necessarily would have been better even doing so, but you know.
born to give

Re: Music Documentary Thread

The Rowland S. Howard C/NC inspired me to look for Autoluminescent, which used to be on YouTube in full, but apparently no more. I'll have to try and dig out the DVD-R that I probably still have somewhere.

In the course of a six-month-long-and-counting PJ Harvey K-hole (initially catalyzed, as it happens, by last year's Teenage Snuff Film reissue) I discovered this wonderful Rid of Me-era doc that I'd never heard of, featuring a fiery cameo by our host:

On a slightly less "highbrow" note, I suppose, last weekend I watched this delightful bit of early-'80s weirdness for the umpteenth time: