Re: RIP v2 - still no cure for death

numberthirty wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:20 pm
Chud Fusk wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:31 pm Betty White was great, but I can't see any real reason to mourn unless she's your grandma. Ninety fucking nine! That's something to celebrate.
Got to politely disagree in this particular instance.

In a world where older folks regularly have to deal with serious chronic health conditions, someone who is getting up there but has been lucky enough to side step them?

Life straight up stole perfectly good time from them.

While it is not totally unacceptable? It is absolutely bunk.
Well if I live anywhere close to that long, I want people to not be sad, and to celebrate my longevity when I die. I think Ms. White would agree.

barnicle wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:32 pm Back in the old forum, I posted about how I thought my tenant was dying. Well - she succumbed due to complications of anorexia on or around Jan 1. RIP Kimi Louise Ankrum. You were a fighter and lasted a lot longer than I thought you would.
I'd hoped that this might wind up working out differently.

Sorry to hear that it played out the way that it did.

Chud Fusk wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:38 am
numberthirty wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:20 pm
Chud Fusk wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:31 pm Betty White was great, but I can't see any real reason to mourn unless she's your grandma. Ninety fucking nine! That's something to celebrate.
Got to politely disagree in this particular instance.

In a world where older folks regularly have to deal with serious chronic health conditions, someone who is getting up there but has been lucky enough to side step them?

Life straight up stole perfectly good time from them.

While it is not totally unacceptable? It is absolutely bunk.
Well if I live anywhere close to that long, I want people to not be sad, and to celebrate my longevity when I die. I think Ms. White would agree.
My dad was born the same year as Betty. He’s been dead forever like 15 years though. I actually can’t even imagine what it would be like if he was still around.
https://instagram.com/homo_nyms_?igshid ... c2ODk2ZA==
https://slowdownmercury.bandcamp.com/