You wrote it, you watch it

I wear a watch
Total votes: 30 (79%)
I don't wear a watch, nor think too highly of people who do
Total votes: 8 (21%)
Total votes: 38

Re: Fashion behavior: Wearing of watch

Watches are not crap, and wearing them is not crap. I like them as an accessory, and they are useful, even today. You can easily know the time w/o having to look at your phone, which can be disruptive and make you look like you are not paying attention when in meetings with other people. A good looking and functional watch is a beautiful thing.

Edit, yeah, the choices are incomplete. One can have no use for and not wear one, but one can do that and not look down on those who do.

Are rings and nail polish crap, too?
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

I have a Garmin that tells time, plays music (so I don’t need to bring a phone with me when I go running), and lets me know when I’m being lazy.

I wear it during every waking hour, but it’s the only watch where that’s been the case. Nicer/“real” watches inevitably end up on the the nightstand and stay there.

Fancy-schmanzy watches can look incredible, but I’ve never felt the slightest urge to own or wear one.

lotharsandwich wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:27 pm I wear an old analog-dial Timex (still available and often on sale). It helps me decide whether to hurry up when cycling to the train station or just take it easy. I like the fact that it doesn't make me think about anything else.
Yes! No distractions, just a time check.
rsmurphy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:13 am I don't understand smartwatches, especially if one already owns a smartphone. Seems indulgent. They are also unattractive.
Same, it's having a smart phone on your wrist, and I notice if that is what you are looking at (see my post about disruption) as opposed to a timepiece. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale