Re: Little Details from Your Day

penningtron wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:32 am
Frankie99 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:51 am What happened? I honestly have no idea, but Herb died a long time ago, so I don't know that there's a direct relationship between these 2 things.
I don't know much about their operations side (and I have mostly had decent experiences flying SWA, for what it is) but their tech is largely stuck in the '90s, and have been too slow to upgrade and let go of legacy stuff. The career-lifer thing is definitely true, and unfortunately can get in the way of modernization as there are too many layers of management looking after their own asses first. Lots of top-down finger pointing at that place. I mostly just take some comfort in knowing my suspicions (and many others there much more in-the-know) were correct, and that this type of (not the first) embarrassing fiasco was imminent.
Good article confirming my suspicions: https://www.businessinsider.com/southwe ... rep-2023-1

The meltdown had nothing to do with the tech I worked on. In fact: within the company ours was seen as a model example, which isn't saying much cuz it was still a piece of shit!

that said: somebody hire me before I start selling guitars..
Music

kokorodoko wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:02 pm The Onion did a report on the PRF:
"Back then, I listened to junk like Journey and watched crappy movies like Iron Eagle," the 41-year-old said in reference to popular music and films of the 1980s that allowed him to have something to talk about with friends. "I wish my own dad had turned me on to the good stuff, so I wouldn't have had to wait until I was in my 20s before I started digging anything halfway decent."

Journey is not junk.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

enframed wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:39 pm
kokorodoko wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:02 pm The Onion did a report on the PRF:
"Back then, I listened to junk like Journey and watched crappy movies like Iron Eagle," the 41-year-old said in reference to popular music and films of the 1980s that allowed him to have something to talk about with friends. "I wish my own dad had turned me on to the good stuff, so I wouldn't have had to wait until I was in my 20s before I started digging anything halfway decent."

Journey is not junk.
Who is fact checking theses articles? If the dad in question was BORN in 82, there is no way he is listening to Journey and watching Iron Eagle in 1994 to fit in.

zorg wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:43 pmWho is fact checking theses articles? If the dad in question was BORN in 82, there is no way he is listening to Journey and watching Iron Eagle in 1994 to fit in.
Millennials? I’ve noticed discrepancies like this in The Onion and The Hard Times, and I get the feeling they’re written by people who don’t have firsthand experience of the things they’re riffing on.
Escape Rope / Black Mesa / Inflatable Sex Babies

The original article is over a decade old, so more like born in 1972.

I am so that dad.

You know what’s funny? My brother bought my son a copy of Marquee Moon a few years ago. My son asked for a Television t-shirt last year. He wears it to school pretty regularly.

Other kids at his school like Television and have commented on his shirt.

Wood Goblin wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:50 am The original article is over a decade old, so more like born in 1972.

I am so that dad.

You know what’s funny? My brother bought my son a copy of Marquee Moon a few years ago. My son asked for a Television t-shirt last year. He wears it to school pretty regularly.

Other kids at his school like Television and have commented on his shirt.
The weird kid on Stranger Things was listening to Television in one episode. Might have juiced things slightly for the youth.

I have never tried to play my kid music really. Mostly all new stuff for her. She likes the B-52's and the Breeders, though, and a few other stray things from being around stuff as a kid.