Re: When rockers went disco

People in here posting all kinds of dumb shit; stuff like Zz top, Big Black and Ciccone Youth are *clearly* not disco(tm); I thought this would be stuff like Stones "Miss you" or Emotional rescue, Rod the mods "Do ya think im sexy" etc.; Anyway, my personal fave disco song by a "rock" band is probably Chicagos "Street player" (as famously sampled by Bucketheads on "Da bomb"); I love that song which is noteworthy because I normally have no use for Chicago.

Since y'all are being VERY liberal with the disco-definition, I might as well mention Zeppelins "Trampled underfoot" and even Motörheads "The chase is better than the catch" and AC/Dc's "girls got rhythm". Oh yeah, Judas Priests "Burnin up" and possibly even "Better than you, better than me". Sabbaths "Heaven and hell"? Possibly...

Re: When rockers went disco

susanvp wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:07 pm I submit, from The Infotainment Scan (1993):

jakethesnake wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:02 pm I thought this would be stuff like Stones "Miss you" or Emotional rescue, Rod the mods "Do ya think im sexy" etc
These were mentioned in the [opens a new tab to check] first post.
Oh, I know. My point was more that it was about rockers making actual disco songs (see also aforementioned Kiss tune) as opposed to stuff with a "4 on the floor" beat that otherwise would bever be thought of as disco. That said, it might be more fun to keep it liberal so yeah, ignore me and mention P.I.L. and shit...