Re: The best SYNTH riffs of all time

kokorodoko wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:06 pm As for me, it's probably more of a fill than a riff but the one in "Here Comes the Sun" fills me with beautiful.

Listening to "Atomic Dog" (George Clinton) now because I thought about it and yeah, this one definitely belongs up there.

But in fact, boy, thinking through everything the list could be going for a while.

Front 242 - Funkahdafi + Welcome to Paradise
Skinny Puppy - Worlock
Ministry - Stigmata
My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult - Kooler Than Jesus
Swing Out Sister - Breakout
LFO - "Intro" on Frequencies
Autechre - Bike

(The Final Countdown is ass.)
Nice list.

Also, I happen to like ass.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

jimmy spako wrote: Deep 80s public pool vibes:

This song, plus New Order's "Your Silent Face" and Eurythmics's "Sweet Dreams" sound very much like they were "borrowed" from Kraftwerk. I love them, nevertheless.
enframed wrote: Rush - Subdivisions

Asia - Only Time Will Tell

The Who - Eminence Front
That's a hell of a run right there. Also: Dad friendly (my Dad, at least).
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

kokorodoko wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:06 pm Listening to "Atomic Dog" (George Clinton) now because I thought about it and yeah, this one definitely belongs up there.
Big fan but if you catch me on a different day it could be "Man's Best Friend" into "Loopzilla." The latter is relentless. Excellent "solo" record from the GOAT featuring his usual GOAT players.
My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult - Kooler Than Jesus
Not gonna argue because I agree, but I also think "A Girl Doesn't Get Killed By A Make-Believe Lover...Cuz It's Hot" is better. Singular Wax Trax! band in that era.

*cracks knuckles*

Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

jfv wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:50 pm Was listening to my iPhone on shuffle this morning and Van Halen's "Jump" came on. This fucking song. I never get tired of that opening riff, though I've heard so many folks play it. Granted, I don't work at Guitar Center or other music store, so I don't hear it every day. But it's a hell of a riff.

Figuratively killin' me here, Smalls...