Re: Upcoming shows in Chicago

I never had a lot of Chicago show contacts back in the day, and don’t really have any now, so I hope folks here might have some advice. My performance group (link in sig) is playing in Milwaukee Friday, June 21, as part of QWERTY-fest, a typewriter themed conference. We still haven’t booked flights and are hoping to tack on a Chicago performance on an adjacent day: either Thursday 6/20 or Saturday 6/22. Typically, libraries, museums and literary/historical/egghead organizations work really well for us, but bars and nightclubs are great as well. DIY noise/experimental/ambient scenes would work as well. Any suggestions?

The last time we were in Chicago we played Phyllis’ Musical Inn with a marching band and it was awesome.

Thanks!
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

Re: Upcoming shows in Chicago

twelvepoint wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:54 am I never had a lot of Chicago show contacts back in the day, and don’t really have any now, so I hope folks here might have some advice. My performance group (link in sig) is playing in Milwaukee Friday, June 21, as part of QWERTY-fest, a typewriter themed conference. We still haven’t booked flights and are hoping to tack on a Chicago performance on an adjacent day: either Thursday 6/20 or Saturday 6/22. Typically, libraries, museums and literary/historical/egghead organizations work really well for us, but bars and nightclubs are great as well. DIY noise/experimental/ambient scenes would work as well. Any suggestions?

The last time we were in Chicago we played Phyllis’ Musical Inn with a marching band and it was awesome.

Thanks!
Have you reached out to The Hideout? They have been pretty friendly to that sort of thing and I am pretty sure they have that Thursday still open.
guitar in - weaklungband.bandcamp.com/