Harry Pussy

Crap (No votes)
Not crap
Total votes: 8 (100%)
Total votes: 8

Re: Harry Pussy

Harry Pussy was a noise rock band formed in Miami, Florida, USA, in the early 1990s. The band was known for their abrasive and chaotic sound, characterized by frenetic guitar work, primal drumming, and unintelligible vocals. The duo consisted of Bill Orcutt on guitar and vocals and Adris Hoyos on drums and vocals. They released several albums and singles during their career, including their self-titled debut album in 1993 and "Let's Build a Pussy" in 1998. Despite their short-lived existence, Harry Pussy left a significant impact on the noise rock and underground music scene, influencing many bands that followed in their wake.

Not crap. Not something I want to put on every day, but they could scratch a particular itch when I had one.
I saw them in Houston once and I was legit scared the drummer (can't recall her name at the moment) was gonna jump out from behind her kit and attack one of us watching the show. She looked scary as shit!
Bill Orcutt is great. That Ride a Dove LP is great.

penningtron wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:47 am
Billy Joel Wife Guy wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:34 am Really fun band. A lot of folks along the same lines make a mess, but HP made a fine mess.
Agreed. A lot of Skin Graft bands going for similar results were annoying to me, but HP leaned more towards Beefheart than grindcore or fake jazz.
I dig all that shit you mention to various degrees, but Harry Pussy's approach seemed like the best fit for the people involved. A lot of bands operating similarly might treat the results of playing together like raw materials and by the time they made a record, refine the excitement out of it by giving those sounds a firmer and more ordered kind of identity, but HP seemed to appreciate that whoever they'd appeal to would place a greater value on the clay and not the sculpture. That or they really didn't give a shit and that apathy simply flattered them. Truly noise-rock as opposed to noise-rock. Great stuff.

Possibly the funniest band name ever.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.