Dazzling Killmen

Not Crap
Total votes: 13 (100%)
Crap (No votes)
Total votes: 13

Re: Dazzling Killmen

I put FoC on this afternoon. I was reading through the liner booklet and there’s an anecdote that Steve gave them a discount on the recording bill if they helped put together the Rude Gesture and Uranus 7”s including doing the root beer syrup smear. Which means most us with the first release were put together by DKM. 😁
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Gramsci wrote: I put FoC on this afternoon. I was reading through the liner booklet and there’s an anecdote that Steve gave them a discount on the recording bill if they helped put together the Rude Gesture and Uranus 7”s including doing the root beer syrup smear. Which means most us with the first release were put together by DKM. 😁
I remember Nick stating that Steve wanted the cover of Action Park to be him naked on a swing. or something like that. it was on the old forum, I’ll try and dig it up.

akosinski wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:02 pm found it. i have a really good memory:

https://www.premierrockforum.com/viewto ... 1322#p1322
sakes_Archive wrote: Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:45 pm I once turned down Steve's request for me to go to a playground and be photographed buck-naked sitting on a swing for a Shellac album cover. I believe it would have been for the At Action Park cover.

Regrets, I've had a few?

(Or, maybe "if I'd had a few"?)
I really love Nick Sakes.
So cool. I didn’t even know Nick was a FM. I wish FM Dave Grohl would put his hand up final, especially after POW, YOU’RE PREGNANT.

We’re here to support you Dave.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Yep, Killmen were definitely on another level. They were one of those bands that had a pretty unique sound, I haven't heard a previous band that sounded quite like them. Craw's debut album is another example. I know there was a sense of camaraderie between those two bands.

I think I once read Albini saying that, regarding his work, JL were his favorite band but he hadn't done a better record than FOC.

I might be wrong though.

It’s a fantastic recording. The liner notes in the reissue have the band discussing. Less than ideal conditions at Steve’s original home studio but it sounds great. The band are very complimentary of how it turned out.