The omnipresence of Kylie Minogue

i think when she did that song w/nick cave that kinda gave her some clout. also, uh - if watching this doesn't stir up some totally heterosexual feelings, then... i dunno. i feel dirty just posting the link. wayyyyyyy sexier and classy than any of the american tarts (britney, xtina, etc.) she's my pop singer crush.

http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp ... ain-topten

and tim's right, can't get you outta my head really is a great song.
post honeymoon | bang! bang! | new black

Champion Rabbit wrote:
tmidgett wrote:she 'happily told the world' about her cancer b/c she had to cancel a tour

duh

What would have happened if she had just cancelled the tour?

Rioting?

why wouldn't she say 'hey, everyone, i can't make my tour b/c i have breast cancer?'

it makes perfect sense, since that is in fact why she canceled the tour, and to the best of my knowledge there's nothing disgraceful about having cancer

you're trying to make an issue out someone telling the truth, inexplicably. do you have some weird grudge against kylie minogue? wtf? it seems needlessly cruel and stupid to me.

tmidgett wrote:'can't get you out of my head' is a great single, but the rest of that album is quite bad. that's all i know about her music.

I picked this album up used, hoping there would be a couple more songs as good as that one, but you're right. I still have the album, though, because I thoroughly enjoy that song. And all the pictures in the booklet.

There's a remix of "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" where the music is lifted from "Blue Monday", which I think is pretty neat. I think it's called "Can't Get 'Blue Monday' Out Of My Head", which is unnecessarily stupid.
matthew wrote:His Life and his Death gives us LIFE.......supernatural life- which is His own life because he is God and Man. This is all straight Catholicism....no nuttiness or mystical crap here.

tmidgett wrote:it makes perfect sense, since that is in fact why she canceled the tour, and to the best of my knowledge there's nothing disgraceful about having cancer

"Damnit Kylie!! you have lupus!"

messr. midgett is right. leave the foxy lady alone. maybe she'll raise some money for breast cancer. that'd actually be pretty nice. I'd assume she'd do it.

Faiz
kerble is right.

waltermalling wrote:too bad those ta ta’s are soon to be no more.

Ta ta's?
You're too much, dude. I'm beginning to think you're as unreal as 4-hour boner.

I guess what I don't understand is how having cancer is a boon to her career. Are people going to be more into the post-cancer Kylie than they were before? Are her records going to sell more because she had cancer? That seems ludicrous.
Also, she has fucking cancer. It's true she could be "easily cured," but she could also be "easily dead." So I'm having a hard time reading this as a promotional opportunity, and I really doubt she is either.