Podcasts of the Left

I haven t watched any cable news in years, but I m pretty sure nothing has changed re: the kinds of leftists and liberals Fox News books on their opinion shows: (1) incredible dumbasses that they can humiliate and/or shout over, and (2) easily manipulated egoists who appear only when some political position of theirs dovetails with a right-wing position.Tucker Carlson: Barack Obama is a war criminal, and Nancy Pelosi is the devil incarnate. It probably hurts to hear that, doesn t it, Glenn Greenwald?Glenn Greenwald: Actually, I agree with you 100%!Carlson: No way! Who could ve possibly guessed!?!?
My grunge/northwest rock blog

Podcasts of the Left

Gramsci wrote:Qanon Anonymous is really good. A bunch of leftists talking about the batshit crazy world of Qanon. Chapo guys have been on.i love conspiracy theory stuff. i love how batshit crazy the Q people are.this podcast sucks ass.three dudes telling each other jokes and not editing the podcast so you have to sit through them cackling at each others terrible wit. i listened to one recent episode with a guy from Chapo who seemed completely disinterested in their questions and it was the first time i thought he was somewhat normal.
LingLing - www.myspace.com/linglingchicago

Podcasts of the Left

Andrew. wrote:mrcancelled wrote:Yay! My good friend Garrett was on Delete Your Account recently to talk about him and his co-workers' recent unionizing at Anchor Brewing in San Francisco. Good stuff.Oh yeah, Brace Belden was also on Chapo recently talking about the same thing, also a good and hilarious episode.I heard the successful vote happened. Congrats to all involved.Yeah! I'm super happy for them. Job well done indeed. Andrew. wrote:llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:Will Menaker joins Antifada for an interview with Kim Stanley Robinson!This was great! Thanks for the suggestion. Was really interested in lots of it including his interest in birding, Gary Snyder, and being outside. He is such a California hippie and makes no bones about it. I didn't realize the full extent of Fredric Jameson's direct influence on him to this day. I read a lot of FJ and was influenced by him as an aspiring literary/cultural studies scholar (one of my own academic mentors during my BA and MA was a student of FJ at Duke).That said, I've seen people claim KSR as a Marxist but I think he's more honest himself. In this interview he says literature is his religion (Sci-Fi is his hometown) and Marxist theory is just invaluable for understanding the world and that makes literature better. He's also totally out-to-lunch on hypothetical blockchain carbon markets as a path out of climate disaster. Like I say, a California hippie.KSR's humbleness and optimism along with the conversational sort of structure of the interview really made this a great listen. I haven't read any of his stuff but will surely be picking up some of his books. BTW thanks to all replied with the Youtube recommendations, good stuff.

Podcasts of the Left

prowler wrote:Working People is a really good one I discovered recently. The epic documentary on abandoned working class academics was quite something: http://workingpeople.libsyn.com/after-the-academyvia the last WP episode I got to the Trillbilly Workers Party which seems like a hillbilly chapo, heard one ep and it was funThis looks good. Had never heard of it. Not sure if the Belabored podcast has been mentioned. Kind of the flagship labor podcast in the U.S. hosted by labor journalists Sarah Jaffe and Michelle Chen. https://www.dissentmagazine.org/tag/belabored

Podcasts of the Left

Working People is a really good one I discovered recently. The epic documentary on abandoned working class academics was quite something: http://workingpeople.libsyn.com/after-the-academyvia the last WP episode I got to the Trillbilly Workers Party which seems like a hillbilly chapo, heard one ep and it was fun

Podcasts of the Left

Matt Christman fans should checkout his "History is a Weapon" collaborations w Sean from The Antifada. There's one on the politics of the 70s, one on why the U.S. has never had a labor party, one on the influential French white-nationalist novelist Jean Raspail beloved by Steve Bannon and Marie Le Pen. They're all on YouTube (audio). Not sure if paywalled at The Antifada.Meanwhile, here's a riff on Red Scare: https://mobile.twitter.com/whysimonewhy ... 9133699072