Podcasts of the Left

I know there's a general podcast thread already but I thought it'd be cool to have a separate one with recommendations on lefty-ish podcasts pertaining to politics, economics, history, whatever. These are some I regularly listen to:Economic Update w/ Richard Wolff The Nostalgia TrapChapo/Grey WolfThis is Hell!Chicago DSA PodcastI also recently discovered "What a Hell of a Way to Die", which is hosted by a couple of military vets. The few episodes I've listened were very insightful... hearing perspectives from folks who have witnessed American foreign policy carried out first hand is always incredibly interesting (and often brutal). This one that I've linked to below was especially great:https://soundcloud.com/hellofawaytodie/ ... alex-mccoyI'm sure there's a ton more great stuff out there and I'm in the car like 10 hours a week, so any recommendations would be appreciated. Edit: I'm ashamed that I just realized this but all of these shows are based in the states... it'd be nice to broaden my horizons--but still, regardless of origin I'm always looking for more.

Podcasts of the Left

Ashes ashes. You like post-apocalyptic hellscapes? Yes.Chapo. You know 'Go on chapo'? That's this!Citations Needed. Consistently high-quality media gutting. Cumtown. Pre-eminent podcast of the left, made by the leaders of the DSA. The Discourse Collective. Yes.Economic Update with Richard Wolff. Accessible and good.General Intellect Unit. Bleep bloop.Intercepted. You know this one.Jacobin. Too many episodes on this feed, but yes.Nostalgia Trap. Boring but good.What's Left? Aimee Terese and Benjamin Stutz Bearcat. Zero Books. H i g h . q u a l i t y

Podcasts of the Left

The Majority Report with Sam Seder for news round-ups, excellent long-form interviews with authors almost every weekday, worthwhile call-ins and comedic back-and-forth. It has always been good, but really gotten even better over the last year with the addition of a larger crew including the excellent Jamie Peck from the Antifada podcast mentioned above. Sam is a pragmatist but the show has always been ahead of the curve in analysing developments on the right in particular, mostly due to the younger crew members (i.e. former producer Matt Binder, who also has a funny podcast called Doomed!, used to interject a lot of info about PUA and MRA subcultures before the AltRight began to coallesce in earnest...Sam was on board but not sure of the relevance until the events of the past couple years played out and showed the wisdom of indulging his younger crew members' obsessions). I watch the full shows on YouTube but you can subscribe to the podcast too. I'd recommend becoming a member to get the "fun half" featuring a lot of banter and back-and-forth debate and frequent impressions and allusions to a set of bizzaro world characters that have sprung up over the history of the show. Crew member Michael Brookes' own show is also good and he tends to focus more on international leftist issues or current events when he is filling in for Sam on MR, which happens one or two times a week.