Re: How Long Before the Trumps Flee?

Curry Pervert wrote:
turnbullac wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:15 pm The GOP is 100% the party of Trump now
It appears as time goes on more Republicans are speaking against trump/the big lie, so I'm not sure that's true either.
turnbullac wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:15 pm 2024 election is going to be a shit show. If Trump runs he will definitely be the GOP candidate,
I would be more worried about who they might get instead - somebody just as toxic but with actual brain cells would be a far bigger problem.
I agree with this (which isn't meant to be more comforting), the GOP will use Trump-like tactics but no longer need him to pull it off.

Regardless, none of the fucking GOP loons will appeal to more than about 35% of voters, which is why they're bending the rules to where they won't need much more than that.
Music

I think Trump effectively defecting to Russia, if it happened, would send the Republicans doolally, but that would only help the Democrats and by extension help the US. I'm sure just about everyone who knows Trump hates his guts and there's no Republican that won't stick a knife in him the very instant they sense the mood shift. He's becoming a liability and they would be more than happy to give him the Joe Pesci cornfield treatment.

I wonder if Eric is fingering his passport and wondering how far the bonds of family loyalty extend in either direction.

All those Republican voters who declared they'd side with Russia over the Democrats should consider joining the Russian army or perhaps re-assess.

Curry Pervert wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:32 pm
turnbullac wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:15 pm The GOP is 100% the party of Trump now
It appears as time goes on more Republicans are speaking against trump/the big lie, so I'm not sure that's true either.
I'm going to invoke that grain of salt you mentioned. From my perspective on this side of the pond, Pat Toomey and Liz Cheney are essentially being run out of the GOP for supporting the second impeachment of Trump. Most of the other folks who voted in favor of impeachment are the same spineless Republicans (Romney, Collins, Murkowski, Sasse) who love to talk about their opposition to the GOP's worst excesses, right up until the last moment when their vote actually matters and they cave - and I don't consider the impeachment vote to matter, they knew there was no way he'd be impeached because of the party counts. 147 members of Congress voted to overturn the election results.

More than those 2 senators may be speaking out, but from my perspective they are not moving the party. What am I missing in my media diet that shows a less Trump-y GOP? (seriously asking)
Curry Pervert wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:32 pm You don't live in a democracy. That's the real big lie.
We agree there, though.