How Long Before the Trumps Flee?

Just looking through the news on the many, many MANY fronts that are closing in from Federal and Civil prosecutors, not to mention the Jan 6th committee and everything else....

What's the hive mind take on this?
Trey Wrote: "How great must a thread be to miss such a thing? Beans on the penis great, I suppose"

Re: How Long Before the Trumps Flee?

He's gotten away with so much for so long I think his hubris makes him feel untouchable.

I wonder in the end how many real consequences he'll get, disqualification from future office? Fines? Jail time? After the Robert Mueller thing fizzled I've learned not to get my hopes up.

My favorite Trump comedy moment recently is when the January 6 committee issued a summons to Ivanka for questioning he commented, "They'll go after children!".

Oh, and apparently when under questioning Eric Trump pleaded the fifth over 500 times. It's like an episode of Arrested Development.

He already fled NYC. He's been getting away with cheating and stealing and robbing people for so long, so who knows?! There really is one set of rules for some and another for the rest of us in this country and that is just NOT what the Framers had in mind, quite the opposite. Truth is, it keeps him in the spot light and he gets the headlines and attention that he craves.

Bad behavior is rewarded these days. I was noting the parallels to Marie Antionette, "let them eat cake," to today's times. Back then she went to the guillotine, today she'd be given a reality show and many in this country would just be lapping it up. Back then it was a death sentence, today it is coveted and admired. A country full of "temporarily embarrassed millionaires."

elisha wiesner wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:25 pm He's not going anywhere. He's not doing any time. His company will be fined pretty heavily by New York state and he'll appeal and keep it in court until he's dead without paying a cent. Hell, there's a decent chance he'll get elected president again.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with this as the most likely course of action.
Total_douche, MSW, LICSW (lulz)

ErickC wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:04 pm
elisha wiesner wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:25 pm He's not going anywhere. He's not doing any time. His company will be fined pretty heavily by New York state and he'll appeal and keep it in court until he's dead without paying a cent. Hell, there's a decent chance he'll get elected president again.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with this as the most likely course of action.
+1
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)