Pedal Boards

Tommy wrote:tallchris wrote:I was noticing a lot of noise in the chain when using some EHX digital(?) pedals like the Freeze and Synth9.Those digital EHX boxes are SUPER finicky. Just don't plug them into the 100mA outputs. They really hate daisy chaining AND any power supply rated under 150mA.they also hate a stiff breeze and a cool summer day. Current EHX pedals can j-j-j-j-ump up my butt.

Pedal Boards

I feel like I finally have this working. I made a bit of room, so I don't have to do as much tap-dancing while playing/singing.Chain is: Pitchblack > AUX OD+clean > hidden KLON buffer underneath > DD7 > RC1 (AUX tap/remote that controls both) > Sea Machine > Spring Chicken > DE7 (always-on, set like a warm, quiet tape delay gurgling away between songs) > Freeze > HummingbirdThis board does the thick, dark, noisy, cold and clang-y, damp cellar thing.I don't typically use a lot of distortion, but we're a noisy band. The sound mostly comes from my Super Reverb with the reverb being on 10 (pretty sure the reverb is borken - I've never been able to use a Fender amp with the reverb on 10 and have anything useful come out of it) and everything over and above the amp sound overloading the signal. The OD and clean boost are mostly EQ-shaping with a touch of grit, and more loud.

Pedal Boards

Bass board Bass into MXR di+ distortionDirty out direct to DOD mixer MXR bypass out to Rolls 2-way crossover Low to left Zoom, High to right Zoom Zooms to DOD mixerMixer to TubeWorks Bass Driver, to amp Expression pedals control the level of both Zooms, which each have settings suitable for low and high frequencies. So octaver, fuzz etc. on the lows, and chorus, reverb, overdrive etc. on the highs. The MXR is set so when in clean mode the volume is all the way down, thus I just get sound from the Zooms. When I kick on the distortion it runs in parallel to the split channels so the effects are unaltered. One of the cool things about having a crossover in the mix is that I can fade the highs in and out subtly to hit the Blue Tube with different tones, or more dramatically and use it like a wah. Doing the same with the Low side gives me wubs galore. Love this setup.
www.myspace.com/pissedplanet
www.myspace.com/hookerdraggerlives